This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music/Worship Ministries
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 06/15/2010
Categories: Church/Ministry - Music Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
The music ministry is an integral part of each worship service. As leader of the music and worship ministries, the director is passionate about the church’s mission of transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ. The director works to engage congregants in the musical celebration of worship by selecting appropriate music and musicians, and by training music personnel. As a leader of worship, the director shares faith and a love of God through music. The director manages all administrative processes to the music ministry and is accountable to the pastoral staff.
* Is a fully-devoted follower of Jesus Christ, committed to a Christ-centered lifestyle;
* Is a member of Schweitzer and is fulfilling the membership covenant through their prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness;
* Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a program containing an adequate representation of courses in music theory and practice, conducting and choral vocal methods. This requirement may be waived for someone with successful experience in directing a music program in a local church;
* Fullfills the church membership covenant through prayers, presence, gifts, and service;
* Aligns tasks and responsibilities in helping Schweitzer achieve its mission of Transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ ;
* Shows and earns respect as a leader; is able to work harmoniously with subordinates, peers, and congregants;
* Demonstrates high energy and productivity;
* Possesses effective communication skills – oral, written, electronic, and listening;
* Is a strategic thinker and uses time wisely;
* Able to identify, recruit, equip, and lead paid and unpaid staff to excel;
* Keeps and maintains confidentiality;
* Leads boldly to make the right things happen; and
* Is open to ways of improving ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Recognizes that worship is primary and performance is secondary.
* Oversees the music ministry through scheduling, supervision, and implantation.
* Serves as the worship leader and/or supervises others who lead in worship.
* Supervises all paid and unpaid music staff.
* Serves as the Director of the Chancel Choir.
* Oversees all musical groups including Praise Band; and Chancel, Youth, Children, and Bell Choirs.
* Responsible for submitting and monitoring the music/worship budget.
* Assists pastors and worship staff in planning worship services, funerals, and weddings.
* Supervises maintenance and use of all musical equipment.
* Solicits and hires (when necessary) professional musicians for special events.
* Maintains a relationship with the music community in the greater Springfield area.