Valley Teen Ranch located in Fresno was established in 1987 as a private, non-profit residential group home and is licensed by the California Department of Social Services.
The Ranch accommodates 32 at-risk boys, age 9-17, placed in our care by court order because they have been abused or judged to be delinquent.Job Position:
Chief Operations OfficerJob Description:
The Chief operations office is to provide oversight and leadership to the agency financial, human resources, and administrative office departments. Working in accordance with the stated agency purpose and with the general policy guidelines as formulated by the Board of Directors, this person will assure that agency operations are conducted efficiently and in a fiscally responsible manner. The chief operating officer reports to the CEO.Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the limits of the agency's policies and procedures, the scope of the Chief Operating Officer's duties and responsibilities are as follows: Fiscal Management, Human Resources Management, Ranch Operations Oversight, Oversight of Technology operation, Oversight of the Transitional Living Home, Other duties as assigned by the CEO.Qualifications:
• Prefer a Master's Degree in Social Work, Organizational Behavior and Development, Business Management, or Public Administration, or will accept master's degree in progress if it can be completed within three years of beginning of employment.
• BA required in related field.
• A minimum of two years experience in a management position, preferably non-profit experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with financial and personnel management policies and procedures.
• Capacity to accept the obligation of authority, to make assignments to others, and to delegate responsibility in a clear manner when appropriate.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of personalities, make reasonable accommodations, and provide positive direction for achieving optimal performance within the policies and procedures of the agency.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to pas a record / background check, including but not limited to DOJ and Child Abuse Index Clearance.
• Applicant must have and maintain a valid unrestricted driver's license and be insurable.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required to do this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must have and maintain the ability to drive a company vehicle.Desired personal characteristics:
The person serving in this position will represent the agency in the community, thus it is imperative that this person exhibit the following characteristics: honesty, professionalism, and integrity. The person should communicate well, be thorough and detail oriented, be self-motivated, flexible, and a team player. The person serving in this position will agree to support the core values, mission, vision, and philosophy of Valley Teen Ranch.Please visit our website to learn more about our Job Opportunities and down load a Job Application as well as the Health Screening Report To Apply for this position please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to the following EMAIL link, thank you.