This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christ In Youth (CIY)
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2010
Categories: Communications - Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Marketing Administrator/Director (Associate Director level 4)
Reports To: Director Organizational Advancement
Status: Posted June 14, 2010
This level four position will administrate and facilitate CIY corporate and program integrated marketing, communications and strategic plan development. Advance organization program growth and expansion through marketing activities.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Revise, implement, and facilitate annual integrated marketing plan for organization. Support and facilitate development and implementation of individual program objectives.
2. Plan and administer CIY corporate marketing budget; support and facilitate development of program marketing budgets.
3. Oversee internal and external graphic design, web design and development, ministry contact center, public relations activity and all marketing vendor relationships.
4. Oversee and facilitate effectiveness of marketing coordinators for preteen, jr. high and high school programs.
5. Organize and coordinate internal and external communications tactics including:
• communication systems
• public relations efforts
• external vendors and consultants
• program satisfaction surveys
• customer development activities
• communications skills training (media training, crisis communications, etc.)
• special events
6. Assist in new church lead generation, presentations, and tactics:
• efforts through direct mail, web tactics, ministry contact center, public relations
• assist Director of Advancement in strategic planning for presentations, special events, etc.
• offer/provide presentation coaching for program personnel
• assist program leaders in designing and implementing prospecting and church contact systems
7. Grow and maintain marketing and email database which includes customer and prospect information, mailing list applications, access to attendance reports, etc.
8. Assist with and support organizational involvement in various industry associations and networks including coordinating prospecting and marketing activities via these relationships.
9. Design and plan regularly scheduled marketing meetings for all program marketing coordinators and service providers.
10. Administrate, facilitate and coordinate organization’s electronic marketing and social media efforts including web design, eNewsletter design, maintenance and distribution schedules, podcasts, internet video positioning and posting, etc.
11. Review and implement new media into integrated marketing plan as prudent.
Education: Undergraduate college degree required. Concentration in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years experience in marketing role is required. Work with not-for-profit an asset. Strong leadership and consensus building skills; marketing management and strategic planning experience; a proven track record in developing and administering an objective-driven marketing plan.
Required Skills: Candidate must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with and command respect from all levels in the organization. Polished presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess top-level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills. Candidate needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications as well as a working knowledge of web applications and eMarketing tools.
Special Skills: Background in youth ministry, event marketing, and/or communications industry accreditation preferred.
Candidates for the position should prepare a complete resume and cover letter by July 15, 2010 to:
Director of Organizational Advancement
PO Box B
Joplin, MO 64802