I. SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Middle School Ministries organizes, maintains and grows the ministry to middle school students and their families. He/she works with parents, students, and volunteers to fulfill WVC’s mission, vision and values. This Director is an integral part of the Student Ministries team at WVC and as a team player assists in the overall success of WVC Student Ministries and fulfilling their mission statement. This is a full-time position.II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:A.
1. Large group middle school worship service
2. Mid-week Small Groups
3. Outreach events for middle school students
4. Resourcing and equipping parents
5. Retreats, camps, and training events
6. Missions trips
7. Middle School Ministries Staff Team
8. Middle School Ministries budget
9. Ministry Partner (volunteer) team recruitment, training and development
10. Opportunities for students and families to serve and impact lives locally and globallyB.
Works closely with the Middle School Ministries Staff Team in choosing and developing the curriculum for middle school studentsC.
Develops and implements activities to stimulate spiritual growth and the discipleship of middle school studentsD.
Develops and implements a leadership training and discipleship program for student leaders of middle schoolE.
Recruits volunteer leaders and forms a team that ensures each activity and event is successfulF.
Shepherds and trains a large group of volunteer leadersG.
Implements new ideas for activities and eventsH.
Assists with hospital visits, as neededI.
Meets with staff leaders, students, and parents, as the need occursJ.
Meets weekly with the Middle School Ministries Staff Team for planning and directionK.
Meets regularly with the Middle School Ministries Staff Team for professional and personal developmentL.
1. Participates in the Pastor on Call (POC) Ministry and serves his/her rotation on a quarterly basis
2. Participates and serves at weekend services in pastoral/counselor capacity
3. Conducts hospital visits, funerals and weddings on an as needed basisM.
Other duties as requestedIII. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:A.
1. Bachelors degree, preferably from a Bible college in related ministry field
2. Preferred: three or more years Student Ministry experience in a church setting, similar to WVC
3. A passion for middle school students, and proven ability to relate and communicate to this age group
4. Proven communication ability as well as conflict resolution abilities
5. Ability to operate common office equipment, including copiers, faxes, printers, and phones
6. There will be observable evidence that this individual has a healthy family life. If married, their spouse must be a believer, supportive of his/her ministry, and involved in the church. If single, this individual will display and uphold high moral and biblical standards in their interpersonal relationships.
7. A willingness to support WVC’s mission, vision and values through the giving of time and tithesB.
1. Position requires ability to lift supplies (30-40 pounds)
2. Ability to walk and climb stairsTo Apply for this position please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to the following EMAIL Address