To serve the church by developing, supervising and administering an effective ministry to meet the communication needs of the church and providing leadership to and supervision of staff and volunteers involved in this ministry. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Some of the primary duties include:
• Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
• Administer the work of the Communications Department by encouraging teamwork and mutual support and providing leadership and nurture to staff members who work in the department.PROMOTIONS
• Develop, direct and oversee the production of all printed materials for the church.
• Liaison with outside vendors ensuring uniformity of cost, quality, and on-time delivery.
• Design and develop a graphics style, color scheme, logo, etc, ensuring uniformity and continuity of publications.
• Design and produce:
• Weekly worship service bulletins;
• Visitors materials
• Publicity and advertising
• Event materials, badges, posters, etc;
• Brochures publicizing individual church programs; etc
• Supervise bulk mailings, and oversee e-mail mailings to the church family.
• Develop and coordinate advertising of church programs in the community.WEB MASTER
• Develop and maintain the church’s web site in conjunction with the vendor.
• Administer the day-to-day use and maintenance of the web site.
• Coordinate with staff the communication of adequate and appropriate information through the web site GENERAL
• Attend committee and staff meetings as necessary.
• Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the communication ministries of the church.
• Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences; keep current in related field.
• Cooperate with the Executive Pastor of Operations by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.QUALIFICATIONS
Experience, Education and Licensure: A bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum three to five (3-5) years experience in the communications, and web field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSSKILLS:
Proficient in PC software, should have extensive knowledge of professional graphic design and office software; including Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat; Web Design software, Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Macintosh software.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be a self starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate, and have good follow-up skills. Strong managerial skills.ABILITY:
Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity. Good mathematical, deductive and inductive reasoning skills. Fluency of ideas and originality ability. Ability to travel. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as requested. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to EMAIL link, thank you.