This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
EMF Broadcasting - K-LOVE & Air 1 Radio
Rocklin, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/03/2010
Categories: Accounting - Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Put your love of ministry, leadership and finance into action!
Educational Media Foundation (EMF) is an evangelical ministry. America's largest broadcaster of contemporary Christian music, its mission is to transform lives with music and prayer. EMF's two programming formats, K-LOVE and Air 1, play Christian music with positive commentary through 600 signals across 46 states. Its dedicated pastoral staff responds 24 hours a day 7 days a week to listener calls, providing immediate encouragement and prayer support and connecting listeners to local churches and social services within each served community. EMF has more than 300 employees working in 20+ states, headquartered in Rocklin, California, east of Sacramento.
EMF is founded on the concept of servant leadership. The Chief Financial Officer will join a small Executive Council working closely with the President/CEO dedicated to leading this dynamic ministry with faith, perseverance, passion and balance through prayer, collaboration and clear communication. We operate in a very complex financial environment and are always seeking efficient and effective ways of growing the ministry while staying in full compliance with a myriad of federal, state and local laws and regulations. We are casual and we like to have fun, but we are industry leaders who strive for excellence. We challenge the status quo and in the pursuit of excellence, are not afraid to say no to the “good” in order to achieve the “great”.
Still interested? We hope so!
A few additional requirements of the job are:
* 10+ years of broad finance experience providing strategic and hands-on leadership within a finance function of a multi-state organization
* Experience working at an Executive Level; proven ability to contribute to global strategic initiatives as well as implementation of relevant cross-departmental goals and objectives, including measurements/metrics and the successful management, mentoring and training of staff
* Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into financial models. Skill and experience in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial policies and procedures
* Leadership and ownership of organization’s financial integrity and stewardship. Implementation of financial best practices and accountability for financial health, including checks and balances
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills
* Written commitment to the EMF Statement of Faith (http://www.klove.com/Ministry/Statement.aspx)
* Record of active participation in community service and/or faith-based ministries
* Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in non-profit organizations or have demonstrated knowledge of ECFA standards.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please review the detailed job description and apply online at https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=507141.