This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Shepherding the Next Generation
washington, District of Columbia, United States
Date Posted: 06/03/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION
Seeking an experienced organizer to engage evangelical Christian leaders
in an exciting nonprofit in Washington, DC
SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION (www.shepherdingthenextgeneration.org) is a national organization of evangelical Christian leaders who are committed to the development of strong and healthy American families, with specific focus on at-risk families. Shepherding the Next Generation’s members are church pastors, chaplains, executives at Christian organizations, and Christian leaders in other roles who seek to strengthen families and help today’s children grow to become contributing members of society and effective parents themselves.
SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION is affiliated with Council for a Strong America, the parent organization of four sibling organizations, all working toward the common goal of increased investments in children and families. Our members are “unexpected messengers” who are extraordinarily effective at reaching moderate and conservative policy-makers to win major victories for kids. Learn more at www.councilforastrongamerica.org.
SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION is seeking an organizer (job title: “Membership Associate”) to assist with our membership recruitment and mobilization efforts. The goals of the position are to (1) work with the SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION team to create an active presence of evangelical Christian leaders in key regions across the country; (2) mobilize members to educate the public and policy-makers about how key investments in children strengthen families and communities such as: parenting support for at-risk mothers; early education and care for at-risk children; guidance for families with troubled children; and programs to help young men become responsible fathers and productive employees.
The Associate will work closely with the National Director and State Directors of SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION.
• Assist with the identification and engagement of evangelical Christian leaders in assigned states utilizing targeted meetings/conferences, networking with existing members, “cold” calls or visits to prospective members, independent research and other relevant tactics.
• Assist the National Director in ongoing planning for the management and growth of the membership in conjunction with federal and/or state policy goals.
• Help educate prospective members about the link between investments in children and the development of strong families.
• Support SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION members and their activities related to policy goals in assigned states, including coordination of communications, public events, and legislative meetings/testimony.
• Develop materials for member activities and member activations.
• Oversee and update content on the SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION website.
• Data entry and management of membership database.
• Coordinate information dissemination to members.
• General office administrative duties, including support for staff in the national office and in the field.
• Travel is required.
• A college degree.
• Broad knowledge of the conservative/moderate, evangelical Christian faith community. Familiarity with one or more conservative/moderate evangelical Christian denominations helpful.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
• A minimum of 2 years organizing or related experience with cause or issue-related campaigns and/or advocacy.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Computer skills (either past usage or strong intuitive ability) including, Microsoft
• Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet skills, database use, WordPress, page layout, and social media. Mac familiarity a plus.
• An understanding of the legislative process is a plus.
• Experience with early childhood development, education policies and programs are a plus.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Excellent benefits.
To apply, please send completed questionnaire, a resume and cover letter to:
Membership Associate Search
SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION
1212 New York Ave, NW Suite 300
Washington, DC 20005
SHEPHERDING THE NEXT GENERATION is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone enquiries.
1. Your name:
3. Why are you interested in this position? (If you feel you have already said in a cover letter all that you want to say on this subject, you may skip this question.)
4. Please describe your experience in the following areas:
• Enlisting others in a cause, project, or concept you believe in;
• Organizing media events or press conferences;
• Public speaking and giving presentations; and
• Successfully advocating for a cause (including public policy or other political issues, candidate, or product).
5. Please describe any experience you have in working:
• In a legislative environment;
• With children and youth;
• With the evangelical Christian community; and
• In a membership-oriented organization.
6. Please indicate:
• The salary you think you should be paid if you are hired for this position.
• The minimum salary you would accept for this position.
7. How did you hear about this opening? (Please be specific, e.g, who referred you or what publication or website listed the position)
8. Additional comments (if you choose):