This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior High Pastor
Bayside Church of South Sacramento
Sacramento, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2010
Categories: Church Staff
Job Type: Full-Time
BAYSIDE OF SOUTH SACRAMENTO
High School Pastor Profile
Bayside of South Sacramento, affectionately known as BOSS, is a 5 year old church plant with a continually growing congregation. Located in one of the most diverse parts of the country, BOSS strives to be an intentionally diverse church that is passionate about the proclaiming the Gospel. We are currently looking for full-time Pastor of High School Ministry.
1. With direction from senior leadership and the Director of Student Ministries, develop and implement a master plan for the high school ministry at BOSS. This plan will focus on the creation of a highly attractive environment where students can meet Christ, grow in their relationship with Him, and learn how to use their gifts in serving others.
2. Plan weekly programs, events and trips to accomplish the plan. Manage all ministry activities within the approved budget and according to BOSS Policies and Procedures.
3. Speak biblical truth during the programs and events in a way that connects with our unique group of students.
4. Develop, and effectively lead a team of interns.
5. Develop and implement a student leadership program, involving training and accountability, where student leaders are growing in the consistency and depth of their daily walk with God and are involved in the planning and implementation of the ministry programs.
6. Develop and implement a strategy to reach unchurched student in the Sacramento area.
7. Lead a large volunteer staff team to minister and care for students with the goal that every student has an adult who is praying, caring, and investing in their lives.
a. Actively recruit sufficient, qualified, volunteers to connect with every student.
b. Develop job descriptions and an intake/screening process.
c. Develop and implement training programs, accountability systems, retreats, etc. to ensure that every leader is equipped to effectively mentor and care for their assigned students.
d. Care for the spiritual and personal development of the volunteer team.
e. Develop and implement a system of coverage to handle pairing of each student with an adult volunteer.
8. Work with the Children’s Ministry staff and Junior High staff to make smooth transitions from one ministry to another.
9. Maintain meaningful contact and participation with parents of high school students. Equip parents, inform parents, and encourage parents.
10. Encourage high school students to participate in the larger body at Bayside including attending a weekend worship service.
11. Participate in other pastoral functions as assigned from the Bayside leadership and management team.
1. A strong walk with God.
2. Experience leading youth ministry in a large church setting (500+)
3. Experience and/or a strong desire to minister within a highly multi-cultural context.
4. Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and lead a large team of volunteer leaders.
5. Alignment with BOSS’s vision and goals and the ability to communicate them positively to students and parents.
6. Ability to communicate effectively to students.
7. A desire to grow in faith and abilities. A teachable attitude.