This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bayside Church of South Sacramento
Sacramento, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2010
Categories: Business Opportunities
Job Type: Full-Time
TITLE: BUSINESS MANAGER
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Sherwood Carthen, Lead Pastor
Bayside of South Sacramento (BOSS) was founded in 2004. It is a cross-cultural, cross-class church in an urban setting with a weekly attendance of about 3,000. Our goal is to assist the community of South Sacramento, the Greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the world to come into a healthy relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Business Manager oversees the operational and fiscal activities of BOSS church under the oversight of the Chief of Staff, Senior Pastor and church board. He* develops systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the church. Our Business Manager will be driven by a desire to serve and grow the ministries of BOSS. He will help BOSS exercise good financial control while supporting the growth-focused, faith-driven strategies of the church.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
1. A mature walk with Christ, evidenced by a strong and well-articulated testimony, personal spiritual discipline, consistency both in public and private, a commitment to moral purity, healthy relationships with others, and healthy relationships with spouse and family (if married).
2. Has a genuine multicultural perspective that is intentionally practiced in his daily life.
3. Has a servant’s heart, is teachable, humble, loyal, positive, and respectful of authority.
4. A team player.
5. Handles socio-economic differences with sensitivity and grace.
6. Demonstrates confidential and discreet business practices.
7. Is task and detail oriented, and exhibits accurate and efficient work habits.
8. A true professional – organized, exemplary work ethic, proactive, energetic and dependable.
9. In agreement with BOSS’s doctrine, mission, and values.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting with three to five years of accounting oversight experience. MBA a plus.
2. 10 years related professional experience.
3. Minimum of 10 years as a follower of Christ with at least 5 years of active ministry involvement.
4. Working knowledge of standard accounting practices. Experienced with the preparation of budgets and financial reports.
5. Working knowledge of human resources management, contract administration, and employee benefits. Capable of overseeing office IT functions.
6. Working knowledge of accounting and financial software.
7. Knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technologies.
8. Experienced at supervising projects and teams.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Evaluates software and business tools to improve the operations of the church.
2. Under the direction of the Chief of Staff and Lead Pastor, oversees the building of the annual budget, and the development of reporting and financial management tools for staff and church leadership. These tools will allow for accurate reporting of expenses and income, the ability to predict budget overruns, and the ability to implement and track corrective actions.
3. Establishes and maintains financial policies, practices, and procedures so that BOSS can operate at a best practices level for church financial management and accountability.
4. Prepares regular financial reports for the church board and assists with the presentation of these reports.
5. Ensures that staff adheres to approved financial policies. This will include the development and deployment of training.
6. Oversees accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
7. Provides contract administration support and supervises the access to outside counsel when required.
8. Develops & maintains internal audit procedures.
9. Retains an outside firm to conduct an annual audit.
10. Manages and maintains employee benefit programs
11. Manages payroll.
12. Oversees church HR functions.
13. Oversees church IT functions.
14. Individual and family (if married) are active members of BOSS.
This is a full-time, exempt position (40+ hours a week with benefits package). Salary is established by qualifications and experience.
*The term “he” used for convenience to refer to either gender.