This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Academy Sales
Alpha Omega Publications
Rock Rapids, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 05/06/2010
Categories: Education - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Academy Sales
Description of Director of Academy Sales:
Alpha Omega Publications (AOP) is a 30 year old Christian publishing company based in Rock Rapids, IA. We provide Christian curriculum for grades Pre-K thru 12. AOP offers several exciting product options, including our award winning Switched-On Schoolhouse, LIFEPAC, Horizons, and our fully accredited distance learning academy. Our mission is to educate, inspire and change lives. AOP has the vision, experience, tools, and options needed to make each child's educational experience a success.
We are currently seeking a Director of Academy Sales. The Director of Academy Sales will be responsible for the development and performance of sales activities in the Global Academy market. Staff and direct the sales team and provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability, customer satisfaction and growth in line with company vision and values. Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contribute to the development of training, motivational and educational programs for clients and Reps.
• Development and implementation of an annual sales/marketing plan Management of staff located in the field and at corporate office
• Work closely with all key areas of the corporate team including Operations, Product Development, Software Development, Tech Support and other groups
• Prepare action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects
• Conduct one-on-one review with all Reps to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Reps’ sales and activity performance.
• Insure that all Reps meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes
• Conduct regular coaching and counseling with Reps to build motivation and selling skills
• Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• 5 years of proven Sales Management experience with a record of consistently exceeding quotas
• Previous experience as a Sales Professional in a fast paced quota driven environment as an Account Executive, Account Manager, Sales Manager, and or Territory Manager, etc.
• Experience selling in a fast-paced sales environment
• Excellent keyboarding skills; proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with CRM tools and possess the ability to learn other software programs as needed Good communication skills—oral and written
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written to customers and all levels of management
• Possess ability to perform multiple functions
• Ability to prioritize workload
• Self-Starter able to work independently or in a team environment
• Other administrative duties.
• Background in education preferred
• Demonstrated work ethic
• Strong ability to foster meaningful business relationships
• Ability to speak in front of people
• HS diploma required. Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred