This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2010
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
The Marketing Director is responsible for the entire operation of our marketing department. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all marketing promotions, campaigns, traditional PR, events, and sponsorship opportunities while ensuring a consistent message and maintaining brand. In addition, the Director of Marketing is responsible for maintaining the budget and increasing revenues and profits. It is essential for this position to work closely with other executives to determine what our company's goals are for new business and then develop marketing strategies to meet this plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communicate initiatives, projects, and concepts throughout the organization.
• Create annual and quarterly strategic and tactical marketing plans.
• Responsible for competitive analysis and strategy.
• Assess the effectiveness of the marketing department and implement improvements.
• Manage and train existing and new marketing staff.
• Ensure timely and effective execution of the marketing tactics and programs.
• Create and maintain marketing budgets.
• Generate a monthly summary report and comprehensive quarterly and annual marketing reports.
• Work to create the media schedule, negotiate the rates, prepare the deliverables and execute. Follow-up and measure all campaigns through all channels.
Critical skills include:
• 5 or more years experience as upper level Marketing Director.
• 5 or more years experience managing a staff.
• 5 or more years experience and a high level of proficiency in project management.
• Extensive knowledge in creating and maintaining a marketing plan and calendar.
• Extensive knowledge in creating and following a marketing budget and revenue budget.
• Extensive knowledge in statistics and analysis of all marketing channels and promotions.
• Extensive knowledge in creative and conceptual problem-solving.
• Extensive knowledge of public relations, advertising, direct marketing, and event marketing.
• Extensive knowledge in channel marketing, product marketing, presentation, sales and strong training skills.
• Extensive knowledge of ecommerce and web best practices.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Qualified candidates will also have strong organizational skills, be able to work effectively under deadlines and manage concurrent projects
• Experienced user of all Microsoft applications such as Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Self-motivated and decisive.
• Detail oriented with creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to execute under accelerated timeframes.
• Ability to quickly adapt to change in priorities.
Position reports directly to Senior Vice President.