This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Dean of Students
Good Foundations Academy
Riverdale, Utah, United States
Date Posted: 04/27/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
Good Foundations Academy (GFA) is a public charter school that will be coming to the Riverdale, Utah area in the fall of 2010. GFA is the realized dream of Christ Community Church as a way to serve and connect to the community. Since GFA is a public school, we cannot teach Christian doctrine, but we will have the opportunity to teach values through our character emphasis. GFA also emphasizes education through its full implementation of the Core Knowledge Curriculum.
Christ Community Church would love to find someone who shares its values in this highly instrumental position.
* Leading development of character education program, including scheduling, training, and special events
* Providing leadership and training in classroom management issues, supporting teachers with discipline inside and outside the classroom
* Managing supervision of students outside the classroom, including duty schedule
* Helping to develop and update parent/student handbook
* Keeping Headmaster informed about emerging issues
* Developing and sustaining positive school culture that reflects character education values
* BA/BS in Education, Counseling, or related field, or combination of relevant education and experience
* Commitment and passion for our school’s mission, professional standards, and curriculum
* Excellent interpersonal skills with young children, families, and teachers
* Proven track record of mediating conflict situations
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet utilization, and general aptitude for learning new software