This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Human Resources Manager
Rainforest G Construction LLC
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Date Posted: 04/26/2010
Categories: Contractor - Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
HR Manager provides practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to other managers on HR procedure, policy, best practice, employment rewards, benefits, and legislation to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the organization. The HR Manager shall be responsible for human resource management duties relating to hiring, recruitment, training, compensation, promotion, termination, career development, or retirement. HR manager also develops, updates, and maintains personnel policies, policy manuals and employee handbook as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Defining the learning strategy and recruitment, setting high standard principles and providing likely solutions. Providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues.
• Raising proactive issues with managers, identifying practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues, and recommending appropriate action plans.
• Compiling and managing case management documentation, accompany and support managers.
• Creating and managing performance programs.
• Briefing new managers on the policies and procedures of an organization in conjunction with development and learning team, providing coaching to managers on difficult and complex issues.
• Liaising with recruitment team on salary levels for existing and prospective staff consistent with organization market conditions and policies.
• Ensuring the maintenance of all payroll data by HR Administrators.
• Reviewing and revising HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation.
• Developing personal policies, maintaining and updating policy manuals as well as employee handbooks as needed.
• Organizing and conducting employee testing and recruitment programs.
• Collecting ongoing information regarding satisfaction of employee on salary packages and wage, working conditions, etc.
• Keeping managers informing on antidiscrimination regulations.
• Conducting new employee orientation program and other educational and training programs on changes in benefits, diversity, etc.
• Administering and keeping information on benefits and compensation packages up-to-date.
• Receiving employee complaints and acting accordingly to resolve them.
• Utilizing outside resources in order to monitor issues and concerns in employment law, communicating potential changes to senior management.
Skills and Specifications
• Ability to influence and persuade senior management level.
• Pragmatic problem-solving skills.
• Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences.
• High standard of attention to detail.
• Solid commitment to customer or employee service.
• Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers.
• Expert Microsoft Office skills like Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
Education and Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration from an accredited institution.