Chief Financial Officer REPORTS TO (TITLE):
Executive Director DEPARTMENT:
Salary Exempt BASIC PURPOSE:
Responsible for all financial matters of Adventures in Missions. Manage a complex accounting process for the purpose of enabling the execution of AIM’s varied missions programs throughout the world.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the entirety of the day to day operations of all AIM program departments as well as A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets, Donor Management, Cash Management , Payroll, Financial Statement preparation and analysis, etc.
2. Ensure the integrity of accounting information by the implementation effective information gathering processes and a comprehensive month end close process developed in conjunction with AIM’s external auditor. Oversee the communication and interpretation of the monthly and annual financial statements.
3. Oversee cash, investment, and asset management using internal controls and financial procedures.
4. Develop financial business plans and forecasts. Assist in succession and growth plans. Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
5. Participate in developing new business, specially assist CEO in developing new funding opportunities
6. Proactively position Adventures In Missions from an accounting procedures/compliance perspective with respect to changing regulatory and compliance issues as well as audit best practices as they pertain to non-profits. Constantly access systems in regards with capacity and growth.
7. Implement new purchase order system. Execute both system implementation and oversee training of staff on effective use.The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Degreed Accounting/Finance Management experience. Masters degree preferred. 10 years experience in a non-profit environment with a budget of at least 10 million.
• Must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while effectively managing people in an environment of trust and cooperation.
• Account Analysis, Month End Close, Year End Close, Journal Entries, General Ledger, Financial Statement Preparation/Analysis, Financial Reporting, Budgeting/Forecasting, Bank Reconciliations and Cash Flow Planning, Fund Accounting, Project Accounting, Contribution Management,. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software and Raiser’s Edge donor management software a plus.
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills.
• Must possess the ability to perform the duties of the position in highly stressful situations and environments. Must embrace the mission, values, and vision of Adventures in Missions.To apply for this position first fill out the AIM Compatibility Assessment where you can upload your Resume.If you have questions in the process:
Call the AIM home office at 770-983-1060 and enter Ext 211 for Stacy Valentine. You may also Click Here
to EMAIL her.