This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Field Director - Program Manager
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 04/23/2010
Categories: Management - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Do you desire to co-labor with God in the transformation of lives through the power of Jesus Christ? Do you have a heart for people who are neglected or looked down upon by society? If so, consider joining the Prison Fellowship (PF) team in a newly created Field Director position in the Norfolk area. We are looking for an outgoing individual who can passionately articulate to local churches this kingdom advancing opportunity of ministry in prison and in re-entry services. As a servant leader in this exciting frontline opportunity, you will recruit, train and encourage quality volunteers while fostering teamwork and personal spiritual development. The position also includes encouraging local churches in ministry to family members of the incarcerated. Additionally this person will facilitate the creation of a support structure for returning citizens through partnerships with local government, businesses and non-profit organizations. This is an opportunity to have a “front row seat” in watching God change lives.
- 3 years program management experience including one year supervisory experience and 2 years recruiting and managing volunteers
- Experience showing excellent administrative skills with attention to detail
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent coursework and experience
- Excellent proven team-building and teamwork skills, with strong demonstrated ability to develop personal networking relationships
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to learn new technology
- Self-starter; ability to work without close supervision in-home office with supervisor in separate location supported by a national office
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-racially, cross-culturally, and cross-denominationally
- Proven and verifiable financial management skills
- 60% travel required
- Satisfactory driving record and criminal background check (PF does not discriminate against ex-offenders)
- The ideal candidate should be located in Chesapeake, Virginia Beach or Norfolk area. Relocation benefits are not included with this opportunity.
To apply, email a copy of your cover letter and resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Prison Fellowship visit us online at www.prisonfellowship.org.