Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered
relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Forest Home is looking for a Controller who has a deep love for Jesus Christ and desire to fulfill His mission, impeccable integrity, and a natural analytical problem solver. A successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience, and will
have a demonstrated track record of quickly learning new processes, tasks, and systems.
- Develops and implements accounting policies, coordination of accounting systems and procedures, and the preparation of operating data and special reports as requested by CFO. Maintains the organizations system of accounts and keeps books and records on
all company transactions and assets for Forest Home Inc, Forest Home Foundation, and all subsidiaries.
- Develops monthly financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, attendance, restricted funds report, and department income and expense reports. Books necessary journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Supervises and coordinates the preparation of year-end audited financial statements with appropriate notes and schedules.
- Provides for the control of all organizational purchases to ensure conformity to established policies and procedures and to facilitate data control and retrieval of records generated by these procedures. Reviews and approves accounts payable, i.e., verifies
that the payables comply with company policy.
- Establishes and administers all tax policies, procedures and payments. Maintains current knowledge of all applicable city, county, state, and federal tax requirements. Supervises or coordinates the preparation of reports for government agencies.
- Assures protection of the assets of the business through record keeping, internal controls, and internal auditing including maintaining fixed asset records and controls; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items.
- Reviews status of aged and delinquent accounts with cash receipting/accounts receivable clerk on a weekly basis. Supervises preparation and transmitting of letters and notices on delinquent accounts. When appropriate, determines and recommends new repayment
terms or reviews and recommends accounts to be charged-off to the CFO. Maintains current knowledge of all state and federal laws and regulations applying to collection activities.
- Ensures timely and accurate deposits of all cash receipts from program fees, guest group fees, and donations. Ensure proper internal controls in the receipt process.
- Reviews and approves applications for new credit arrangements.
- Communicates with company’s bank representatives regarding the initiation and monitoring of sweep accounts and the renewal of line of credit accounts.
- Supports CFO in developing the annual IE and capital budgets.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Supports CFO in ad hoc financial analysis including but not limited to new project ROI, rate analysis, program P&L analysis, UBI analysis.
- Supports CFO in financial planning & managing the budgeting process.
- Supports CFO in all forecasting needs of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk and Payroll Clerk
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred.
- CPA or CMA strongly preferred
- Five plus years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills, with proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A self-starter.
- Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
To receive consideration for this position please apply through the Forest Home Career Site by clicking here: http://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-app-viewjob.php?clientkey=B1F69802FF6B554E1E676CD4C24BF1FD&jobcode=2991&jpt=