This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
State Director -- Orphan World Relief
Orphan World Relief
Columbus, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 04/07/2010
Categories: Fundraising - Work At Home
Job Type: Contract
State Director for Orphan World Relief -- Open in all 50 States
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the State/Regional Director will be responsible for handling the fund raising, marketing and outreach to a designated region of the United States (to be determined in advance). The Regional Director will be responsible for the following:
* Managing his/her budget for the calendar year.
* Supervising and overseeing the work of all interns and volunteers.
* Assist with various writing and editing projects including newsletter articles, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, and other marketing materials as directed.
* Research and develop a regional marketing plan to increase Orphan World Relief’s presence in the community.
* Work with the Interns to organize and plan special events.
* Solicit monetary or in-kind sponsorship for special events.
* Assist with coordination of communications and marketing for special events, awareness campaigns etc.
* Assist with marketing and community outreach projects.
* Develop a regional volunteer network to assist with community outreach, special events or any other activity where support and assistance is needed.
* Assist with maintenance of donor database (as applicable).
* Other administrative office tasks as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Coursework in Mass Communications and Journalism, Public Relations and Marketing, and/or Expository Writing.
* Strong proficiency in both writing and editing.
* Experience in media and public relations a plus.
* Ability to work independently and to seek consultation when needed. Because of the regional nature of these positions, the Regional Director selected will need to maintain bi-weekly contact with Orphan World Relief via email as well as be available for periodic conference calls.
* Excellent interpersonal communications abilities, problem-solving, time-management and organizational skills.
* Experience in using the Internet to conduct research.
* Interest in philanthropy and/or nonprofit administration desirable.
The State Director will receive 15% of his/her actual dollars sent to Orphan World Relief during that month up to a designated cap determined in advance between the State Director and Executive Director. The State Director will be responsible for all taxes, fees, benefits and insurance needed.
Send your resume, cover letter and three references (including one from your pastor), to: firstname.lastname@example.org