Provides overall leadership to culinary creative development and quality assurance in the Food Service Department for maximum ministry effectiveness and impact.
All kitchens and operations therein, both in Mill Creek Canyon and Ojai Valley.
• Active and contributing participant on the Food Service Leadership Team.
• Facilitates an interactive and collaborative leadership role for culinary operations, both within the department and with other departments including but not limited to program and guest services.
• Focuses on supporting all kitchens by delegating, assigning projects and monitoring operating standards.
• Create new & innovative products for a variety of venues that focus on quality guest experience.
• Formulates, implements, and monitors procedural guidelines, policies and standards within scope.
• Creates and successfully implements all projects within scope.
• Accountable for menu design and maintenance, recipe specifications, and food cost control (portioning).
• Follows industry trends.
• Oversees the recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, development and discipline of all staff within supervisory scope.
• Develops precise food standards and works closely with purchasing/commissary manager to insure consistent, quality products within budgetary guidelines.
• Regularly monitors external and internal feedback and takes prompt corrective action to maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction.
• Develops relationships and collaborates with other departmental leaders.
• Advocates for and leads staff in proper kitchen sanitations/cleanliness pertaining to the San Bernardino County Health Department codes.
• Responsible for proper staff scheduling based on the proper blending of information from department leaders, labor budget, guest experience expectations, and the production and presentation of meals.
• Familiarity with reading, understanding, and determining implications from financial reports.
• Assists in planning and coordinating special events, both on and off-site.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Actively supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
Responsible for the supervision of all culinary staff including: Sous Chef, Chef De Partie, Demi Chef De Parte, Hourly Cooks, Baker and utility employees. Additionally, supervises other Food Service employees as necessary.
• Five years of progressive management experience in a hotel/resort food or banquet settings.
• At least two years of college with a Bachelors degree preferred in a culinary related field.
• Knowledge of food trends and traditions, both in the camping and general food service industries.
• Experience in the process of creating and implementing new concepts in a food service environment.
• Supervisory experience, with demonstrated management ability that promotes trust through character and competency.
• Completion of the whotrustsyou.com survey that demonstrates solid character and competency.
• Knowledge of and proven ability to comply with health department codes.
• Proven financial management skills.
• Possesses well developed leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, teach, and nurture staff.
• Excellent people service and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
• Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
• Composure in stressful, high-pressure situations.
• A self-starter.
• Regular, timely attendance.
• Supportive of Forest Home’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
• Demonstrated support and involvement in a local church.
• Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
Please fill out an Online Application by visiting our Career Search Page to view the Culinary Manager / Head Chef position.
If you have questions please feel free to contact us by Email
Only Applications Online will be considered for the position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Cafe WorkerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 14
Lead Food Service SpecialistCityteam
- Felton, California
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.