To manage and lead a strong, comprehensive development and marketing effort that helps sustain and grow the ministry of Forest Home both from a short-term perspective (“filling seats in the chapels” and growing the Forest Home Annual Fund) and a long–term perspective (retention of groups, individuals, donors, and donor development and growth) for maximum ministry impact.RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides strategic direction, focus, and management for all Development (including donor acquisition, growth, retention, and major donor nurture in the context of biblical stewardship) and Marketing efforts, activities (including monitoring for effectiveness) and research.
• Oversees and builds a strong Development and Marketing team. Provides leadership, training, goal setting and objectives, feedback, and builds trust, evaluates effectiveness, and wisely oversees area budget.
• Actively participates in executive leadership team (ETM).
• Serves as liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors fostering continued board involvement.
• Supports and participates in events and activities as requested by the President/CEO.
• Supports and participates in spiritual life activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervises all Development and Marketing staff. Collaborates with Senior Director of Guest Experience, Ojai Valley Camp Director, and Chief Financial Officer, and other staff as necessary. REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) required in relevant field; and CFRE strongly preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of strong experience in development and/or marketing, including experience in annual giving, planned giving, major and capital giving, strategy development, social networking, donor communication, solicitation, and sales and marketing.
• Significant leadership experience, with demonstrated leadership ability including trust building.
• Ability to build and nurture external relationships with a wide variety of individuals including potential and current donors and church staff.
• Proven track record of securing large gifts ($25,000 and above).
• Understands and has a passion for the ministry of Forest Home.
• Requires up to 60% travel (mostly Southern California and Arizona)
• Able to handle confidential information with integrity.
• A proven self-starter, and able to effectively work independently and effectively.
• Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
• Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time leadership, and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to consistently perform high quality work.
• Regular and timely attendance.
• Signed statement of faith.
• Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
• Demonstrated support and involvement in a local church.TO APPLY:
Please fill out an Online Application
by visiting our Career Search Page
to view the Senior Director of Development and Marketing
position.If you have questions please feel free to contact us by Email
Only Applications Online will be considered for the position.