Currently Highland Park Presbyterian Church is looking to fill the position for the Director of College Ministry.Highland Park Presbyterian Church, in the heart of Dallas, Texas, is seeking a creative shepherd/leader with the vision to guide and grow our ministry to college-aged students.
The church is going through an exciting season of growing our focus on college students. We are located 5 minutes from Southern Methodist University with a student population of 6000 undergraduates. Responsibilities Include:
Shepherding a community of new disciples, rebuilding and visioning creative ways to reach out to college students, developing student leadership, and equipping lay servants to minister to students. Applicants should have college ministry experience and be gifted in leadership and discipleship. Profile of a candidate:
• Heart for intergenerational connection
• Understands church-based college ministry philosophy
• Bleeds discipleship
• Can develop emerging student leadership
• Theologically sharp
• Technologically savvy
• Teachable servant
• Someone who understands “family/community-driven” ministryNecessary Skills:
• Be able to carry out the vision of HPPC – equipping world impacting, life transforming disciples.
• Missionally focused
• Gift of Hospitality – dinner is served weekly in the home of the College Director (35-40+ people weekly)
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Strategic thinking
• Relate to older adults and families with children and teenagers (we are an intergeneration church)
• Understands day-to-day lifestyle of college students
• Views SMU campus as a mission field – therefore the candidate has a church-planting and missionary heart.
Salary commensurate with experience. Since this position provides housing (right across from HPPC), we are looking for a married person, but open to all qualified candidates. Please forward your Resume and cover Letter by EMAIL to the Attention of the College Director Search Committee. Qualified candidates will receive full position description. If you have a photo, please feel free to attach it (this is optional).