Alaska Christian College is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church of America and is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska.
ACC’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered and general studies education to primarily Native Alaskan youth in a culturally relevant community. ACC offers small class sized and a caring, qualified faculty in order to meet the individual needs of each student. ACC is a non-profit organization funded primarily by gifts from individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. Alaska Christian College is located on the outskirts of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. All paid positions at the College are considered mission/ministry and require fundraising by the candidate to finance their salary.The College is seeking qualified candidates for Resident Advisor.
• Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Selected candidates will model whole-life discipleship.
• They will advise and serve the student population on campus while living in community with them.
• They are expected to be available to students when on duty to mediate interpersonal problems between residents, provide discipline and counseling to students when necessary in conjunction with the Director(s) of Residential Life and/or Vice President for Student Services, and provide social and recreational opportunities for students in a Christian atmosphere.
• Selected candidates may lead Bible studies or mentor groups where applicable.
• They will provide transportation for the students, schedule students for service in the dining room & kitchen and supervise them while on duty.
• They will make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure and participate in implementation of ministry trips
• Qualified candidates must have knowledge of human behavior, learning and motivation and must have an understanding of group behavior and dynamics. Knowledge and experience in handling crisis interventions is preferred.
• Candidates must function well in a cross cultural environment, have a teachable attitude, be a team player, and demonstrate good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Must be able to work independently and show good judgment.
• Needs to be organized and show good time management skills.
• Must be reliable and dependable with regular, timely attendance and be able to meet the demands of an extraordinary schedule. . Position status:
• Open until filled.
• This position is part-time.
• Reports to the Director(s) of Residential Life
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. In addition to the Resident Advisor we are also looking to fill these positions:
Adjunct English Professor
Cook Qualified candidates should send a letter of Intent, resume, and three references (one being your pastor) to:b>
Linda J Lundquist
Director of Human Resources
Alaska Christian College
35109 Royal Place
Soldotna, Alaska 99669
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or call 907-260-7422
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the US and that we won’t sponsor work visas.
This is mission/ministry position and requires fundraising to cover salary. The position also provides occasions to serve alongside student workers in the performance of these duties allowing opportunity to encourage, mentor, and model discipleship.