Alaska Christian College is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church of America and is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska.
ACC’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered and general studies education to primarily Native Alaskan youth in a culturally relevant community. ACC offers small class sized and a caring, qualified faculty in order to meet the individual needs of each student. ACC is a non-profit organization funded primarily by gifts from individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. Alaska Christian College is located on the outskirts of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. All paid positions at the College are considered mission/ministry and require fundraising by the candidate to finance their salary.The College is seeking qualified candidates for Campus Pastor.
• Applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s level professional ministry degree.
• Some teaching experience is preferred.
• Selected candidates will be responsible to oversee the spiritual life activities on campus including corporate worship, prayer and mentoring programs, special events, and implementation of service, ministry and fundraising trips.
• Candidates must be willing to adhere to the Evangelical Covenant’s Affirmation of Faith.
• This individual must be dependable and able to handle assigned tasks and responsibilities in a professional, prompt manner.
• The person must have excellent organizational skills, initiative and good judgment, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must function well in a cross cultural environment, have a teachable attitude, be a team player, and demonstrate good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Candidates must have knowledge of human behavior, learning and motivation and the assessment of behavioral and affective disorders.
• Must be able to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships and must have the ability to identify the developmental needs of others and provide coaching and mentoring help.
• This individual must be sensitive to the needs of others, requiring a cooperative attitude and the ability to deal calmly and affectively with high stress situations. Position status:
• Open until filled.
• This position reports directly to the Vice President for Student Services.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. In addition to the Campus Pastor we are also looking to fill these positions:
Adjunct English Professor
CookQualified candidates should send a letter of Intent, Curriculum Vitae, transcripts and three references (one being your pastor):
Linda J Lundquist
Director of Human Resources
Alaska Christian College
35109 Royal Place
Soldotna, Alaska 99669 Please forward your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-260-7422
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the US and that we won’t sponsor work visas.This is mission/ministry position and requires fundraising to cover salary.
The position also provides occasions to serve alongside student workers in the performance of these duties allowing opportunity to encourage, mentor, and model discipleship.