Alaska Christian College is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church of America and is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska.
ACC’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered and general studies education to primarily Native Alaskan youth in a culturally relevant community. ACC offers small class sized and a caring, qualified faculty in order to meet the individual needs of each student. ACC is a non-profit organization funded primarily by gifts from individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. Alaska Christian College is located on the outskirts of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. All paid positions at the College are considered mission/ministry and require fundraising by the candidate to finance their salary.The College is seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct English Professor.
• The College is seeking qualified candidates for the opening of the 2010-2011 school year.
• Applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in a related field.
• Some teaching experience is preferred.
• Selected candidates will be responsible for the development and instruction of a freshman English course (Introduction to Academic Writing) and/or the development and instruction of a sophomore English course.
• There is the possibility of additional teaching responsibilities, including becoming a full faculty member, as the curriculum develops at the College.
• Candidates must be willing to adhere to the Evangelical Covenant’s Affirmation of Faith.
• This individual must be dependable and able to handle assigned tasks and responsibilities in a professional, prompt manner.
• The person must have excellent organizational skills, initiative and good judgment, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must function well in a cross cultural environment, have a teachable attitude, be a team player, and demonstrate good communication skills both verbal and written. Position status:
• Open until filled.
• This position reports directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. In addition to the Adjunct English Professor we are also looking to fill these positions:
CookQualified candidates should send a letter of Intent, Curriculum Vitae, transcripts and three references (one being your pastor):
Linda J Lundquist
Director of Human Resources
Alaska Christian College
35109 Royal Place
Soldotna, Alaska 99669 Please forward your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-260-7422
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the US and that we won’t sponsor work visas.This is mission/ministry position and requires fundraising to cover salary.
The position also provides occasions to serve alongside student workers in the performance of these duties allowing opportunity to encourage, mentor, and model discipleship.