This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Spring Branch , Texas, United States
Date Posted: 03/15/2010
Categories: Church Developer
Job Type: Full-Time
CollegePlus! desires to hire a full-time San Antonio based IT Manager. The successful candidate will possess the proper balance between desired characteristics, past experience, and ability in order to competently undertake the responsibilities outlined within the Job Description below.
• Strong intellect balanced by emotional quotient to draw from the CollegePlus! team needs related to CollegePlus! information systems
• Self-starter with a strong balance between vision and practicality who is willing to balance initiative with insight from the CollegePlus! management team and vice-versa.
• A team player who is bold to exercise his own strengths while drawing upon the strengths of other team members.
• A leader who is committed to proactive development of CollegePlus! staff.
• An individual who views work as an opportunity to deliver on three bottom lines: monetary, legacy, and spiritual.
• Interest in strong professional growth & responsibility within a dynamic organization that highly values a leadership development and an ownership mentality.
• Five to ten years work experience in a business and/or non-profit organizational structure.
• One to two years experience in education, preferably distance education, whether formal or informal.
• Track record of managing outsourcing providers for IT services.
• Familiarity or preferably experience with the following technologies:
• PHP & MVC frameworks such as CakePHP or Ruby on Rails
• Wordpress or other CMS
• Relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
• Basic SEO & E-commerce
• Track record of analyzing IT technologies up against organizational needs and then integrating those technologies to meet those needs.
• Strong ability to organize and execute projects.
• Ability to lead a team of front-line IT professionals: IT Technician, Webmaster, and Web & User Interface Designer to achieve more than their inherent expectations.
• Understanding of user requirements and user experience from a development perspective.
• Lead & direct outsourced web developers to perform smart-source development and maintenance related tasks.
• Basic human resource skills related to IT personnel
• Ability to strategically link new technology advances to direct application within CollegePlus! information systems.
IV. Job Description
The successful candidate will:
• Develop an understanding of cutting-edge learning technologies through an established CollegePlus! connection who will provide direct mentorship on:
• The bearing of those technologies on the development project.
• Development & implementation of the chosen technologies within the development project.
• Collaborate with the Project Leader & Curriculum Coordinator for the duration of the project.
• Provide primary direction to both his team to include the outsourced development partner.
• Drive the outsourced development partner to continually deliver smart-sourcing for significant value creation (rather than typical outsourcing for cost savings).
• Join technology groups, attend trade shows, webinars, and take part in other professional development forums in order to understand available technologies for educational applications.
• As the development project matures and comes to completion (or as the workload allows), begin to assume greater roles of responsibility within CollegePlus
CollegePlus! is growing and this position is a great opportunity for a great person! Competitive pay will be offered based on your skills and experience. If you would like to be considered as a candidate for IT Manager, here’s what to do next:
Email your current résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to go beyond just a résumé, include some writing samples, a personal story, an essay about your favorite book or favorite music, etc. Be creative!