Rainier Christian Schools (RCS) has five campuses throughout South King County Washington, serving 930 students. We currently have the following job posting for the 2010-2011 school year:
• High School Principal
A strong Christian faith is required. Candidates must be committed to our mission of ‘educating and developing the whole person for the glory of God!’
Salaries are commensurate with education and experience. In addition, an employee benefits program is available for all full-time positions. (A job description is included below.)
Interested candidates can e-mail (preferred, if possible), fax or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Rainier Christian Schools
16707 174th Ave SE
P.O. Box 58249
Renton, WA 98058-1249
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Position Description: The High School Principal will have primary responsibility for the spiritual direction, educational program, operation, and management of a high school for the accomplishment of the RCS mission.
Mission Statement: It is the mission of Rainier Christian Schools to educate and develop the whole person for the glory of God.
General Responsibilities: The High School Principal is responsible for all aspects of running a high school campus. These responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
1. Spiritual Direction: To provide a Christ centered educational experience to accomplish the mission of RCS.
• Oversee high school chapel program to help maintain a vibrant, healthy spiritual atmosphere for all students, faculty and staff.
• Establish and oversee evangelism efforts within classrooms, chapel, etc. and with key constituencies (e.g., parents) to assist in RCS goal of every person having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Encourage faculty and staff to mature and grow in their faith through staff devotions, regular church attendance and active participation in ministry (at school, church, etc.).
• Provide spiritual guidance and council to faculty, staff, families, and students.
• Maintain a spiritual life that is vibrant, active and growing on a personal and daily basis.
2. Educational Program: To administer educational programs in accordance with policies, procedures and goals adopted by the Board of Directors and Administration of RCS.
• Provide effective, educationally sound, and Christ centered program of instruction appropriate to a high school.
• Ensure a well rounded educational program—the ‘3Rs’, fine arts, technology, athletics, Bible/spiritual—is implemented.
• Provide effective, educationally sound, and Christ centered curriculum through the evaluation, implementation, and review of curriculums.
• Order and maintain inventories of necessary textbooks, materials, supplies, etc.
• Evaluate and accept/reject new student admissions. Ensure that an effective program of student evaluation (e.g., report cards, progress reports, standardized testing) is in place to assess student performance and progress.
• Provide comprehensive guidance, career, and college/university placement programs.
3. Operations: To provide leadership and oversight to all high school campus operations and RCS operations, as applicable.
• As appropriate and in conjunction with ‘ministry partners’ oversee maintenance of facilities and equipment.
• Maintain positive working relationships with all applicable ‘ministry partners’ (e.g., landlords and/or tenants).
• Develop and coordinate scheduling of all school programs, activities, events, facilities and teachers/staff.
• Provide leadership, guidance, council and direction in the discipline of students.
• Administer all high school programs, as applicable—classes, athletics, fine arts, ASB, missions programs, etc. in accordance with RCS policies and procedures.
• Prepare appropriate and regular reports for all pertinent constituencies—Board of Directors, PTF, parents, etc.
• Fulfill any additional tasks, as assigned by the Board of Directors, Superintendent and/or Administration Team.
• Provide year-end check outs of faculty and staff, including inventories, cleaning, storage, fall orders, etc.
4. Management: Provide management and direction to the faculty and staff.
• Supervise instruction, assist teachers and staff, coordinate in-service training, orientation, faculty meetings, etc.
• Recruit, hire and evaluate faculty and staff.
• Provide regular performance evaluations, coaching, feedback, training and support for faculty and staff.
• Encourage continuing education and certification appropriate to the person and position.
• Establish systems and train staff in routine of daily operations, such as attendance, records, grading, ordering, and routine financial reporting and billing (e.g., field trips, purchase orders, etc.)
• Assist in long range planning for the District. Assist Superintendent and the Board of Directors to help ensure that long range planning is achievable, based on realistic assumptions, and can be clearly articulated to all constituencies. Be an advocate for maintaining a healthy balance between stepping out in faith and counting the costs.
• Maintain professional relationships with faculty, staff, and all constituencies following Matthew 18 principles in problem resolution.
• Oversee volunteer programs—PTF, booster clubs, classroom assistants, field trips, event helpers, etc.—to help ensure they understand the mission and vision of our programs and schools.
• Establish, encourage and maintain a healthy, positive and supportive atmosphere in all areas and in all activities and events. Promote RCS and all campuses everywhere you go.
Qualifications: To provide effective spiritual, directional, and business leadership to the District, the following qualifications are required:
1. Spiritual: Meet the spiritual qualifications as established by Board personnel policies. Spiritual maturity will be evidenced by a mature and growing Christian faith, leading his/her family biblically, and active participation in a local church not in conflict with the Rainier Christian School Statement of Faith. Evidences a heart and passion for serving in Christian ministry.
2. Education: Bachelor’s degree in education or closely related field is required. Masters degree in education and/or administration highly desired.
3. Experience: Strong commitment to Christian education by training and/or experience required. Minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience, preferably in a Christian school setting. Comparable ministry experience (e.g., pastor, youth ministry) may be considered.
4. Certification: Strong commitment to certification by personal example and/or support of faculty and staff. Teaching and/or administrative certification, or comparable certification/experience desired.
5. Prayer: A regular and vibrant prayer life, including Rainier Christian School teachers, administration, vision, etc.
6. Continuing Education: Regular involvement with continuing/specialized training to help maintain personal and faculty/staff professional and spiritual growth.
Accountability: The High School Principal will be under the supervision of and report to the Superintendent. The high school principal will be an active member of the administrative team.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
K-12 Online Teachers (From Home) All Grades & SubjectsFreedomProject Academy
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- December 6
Native speaker in South KoreaVision Christian International School
- December 3
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Entry Level Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Overseas Western Chef & Dining Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Rainier Christian Schools
Educating and Developing the Whole Person for the Glory of God! Rainier Christian Schools (RCS), has six campuses throughout South King County Washington, serving 875 students. A strong Christian faith is required on the part of all teaching staff. Candidates must be committed to our mission of 'educating and developing the whole person for the glory of God!' Salaries are commensurate with education and experience. In addition, a comprehensive employee benefits program is available for all full-time positions. Applications can be obtain More...