This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Covenant Church
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 04/05/2010
Categories: Education - Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
MetroKids Daycare Executive Director Opportunity
First Covenant Church is an historic church that is living out a fresh expression of faith. Seeking to be a diverse, multigenerational, and urban Christian community, the MetroKids daycare is uniquely poised to be a service ministry to many families of Minneapolis.
MetroKids Day Care Center is a 501 (c) (3) non-for-profit organization organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. The mission of MetroKids is to share the love and gospel of Jesus Christ with economically and ethnically diverse families through a high quality, early childhood education program in an urban setting. The program provides a safe, loving and patient environment that partners with parents to promote and nurture a growing relationship with God. The organization is licensed to serve 75 children ranging in age from birth to pre-kindergarten. The person we are looking for is one who:
Has a passion for living out their Christian faith in an urban context.
Loves children and families as a core life focus.
Understands the importance of racial reconciliation and is committed to leading MetroKids in a context where diversity is a core value.
Sees themself as a leader alongside the staff of First Covenant Church sharing in the redevelopment of this community of faith simultaneous to reaching and expanding the broad range of families throughout the MetroKids ministry.
Has an expanding vision for how high quality daycare and preschool opportunities can be provided to people of all socio-economic backgrounds.
Has a high capacity for detail management but an even higher capacity for loving and managing people.
Takes a holistic approach to staff management being interested in the spiritual, physical, and professional well-being and development of the MetroKids staff.
· To be responsible for the overall organization, staffing, administration, marketing and licensing of the operation.
· To establish and maintain community, state human services, church and lay leadership relations.
· To provide a warm, nurturing, safe, and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected.
· To manage the day-to-day operations of the child care center.
· To endorse and support the MetroKids and First Covenant Church's goals and philosophies.
· To be responsible for implementing and supervising programs that follow the center's goals, beliefs, and procedures.
Education and Credentials:
· Must meet the Minnesota Department of Human Services requirements for Director/head teacher of a preschool/childcare center (cf. part 9503.0031 of MN 9503 Rules).
· Baccalaureate degree in early childhood or elementary education.
· Must meet the qualifications of teacher as defined by the state's Department of Human Services’ Rule 3 requirements.
· Must pass the Applicant Background Study required by the Department of Human Services.
· Minimum of 5-8 years of previous experience in leading/managing an organization that is comparable in size to MetroKids.
· Fundraising, grant writing and special event experience a plus.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to:
Telephone inquiries cannot be accepted at this time.
Full job description will be provided prior to an invitation to a face-to-face interview.