The Seed Company is a growing, dynamic faith-based non-profit organization committed to translating God’s Word into every language that needs it. Our vision is to see God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation. Our mission is to
accelerate Scripture translation and impact through Great Commission partnerships, for people without God’s Word in their language. We are seeking an Editorial Manager to develop and lead our Editorial Team in Arlington, Texas.
As our Editorial Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of compelling copy to tell the Seed Company story consistently, in a variety of media/styles. You will manage and guide the team of staff writers and editors in order to create the editorial
content for a quarterly publication, direct mail letters, brochure copy, project profiles (sales literature), web/email and public relations copy (news releases).
The ideal candidate will be consistently responsive to organizational needs and gain personal fulfillment when helping others succeed and realize achievement when facilitating team goals. Effective interpersonal skills including communication, maturity, creativity
and a high energy level are crucial.
Your skill and experience in copywriting will have eternal results as readers engage with our vision to see God's Word transforming lives in every language, in this generation!
• Manage and develop the editorial team, especially their copywriting skills
• Write and edit copy for promotional, PR, editorial, direct mail and other uses
• Collaboratively develop communication solutions with internal clients/colleagues
• Manage editorial standards and ensure consistent messaging
• Project-manage multiple marketing communication efforts
• Maximize access to and use of 'best stories' across all media
Your strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, God-honoring lifestyle, passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word of God to every people group in their own language is essential to thriving and succeeding, as are the following skills, abilities and
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience related to the position and four years related experience with high levels of achievement
• Alignment with the Seed Company vision, mission and values
• Proven experience managing people, especially creative/editorial teams
• Demonstrated expertise in a variety of copywriting styles including promotional/advertising, PR (press releases), editorial and direct mail (samples required)
• Working knowledge of at least one recognized editorial style standard (APA, CMS, etc)
• Proven experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
• Proven experience and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Previous experience in a fast paced, growth oriented organization
We value our staff members’ time and efforts. Salary is based on demonstrated experience and ability. Additionally, we offer a generous benefits plan (paid time off; medical, dental, and vision insurance); a reimbursement plan and future growth opportunities
within the company. We build a work environment for our staff, where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative and innovative, with each person expected to contribute to meaningful impact and eternal outcomes.
To learn more about us, please visit our website:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and writing samples to:
We make employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee.
All positions require a personal commitment to Christ, evidenced by personal testimony and identification with a local church.