Agape Flights, an evangelical interdenominational mission, based in Florida is seeking a new Executive Director.
Agape serves over 300 missionary families and their missions in Haiti, the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas. Since 1980 Agape has flown regular weekly shipments of mail and cargo and provided other support to the missionaries who serve on the front lines. POSITION TITLE:
Executive Director FLSA STATUS:
Board of Directors DATE: August, 2010JOB SUMMARY:
Provides overall leadership and direction to Agape Flights, including managing and directing staff and volunteers to efficiently achieve the overall organizational mission. Directs the development and implementation of policies and procedures to enable Agape’s efficient operation. Represents Agape Flights to churches and community organizations and is a major driver in raising financial support for the organization.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONUnder the general direction of the Board of Directors:
1. Manages and directs the daily activities of staff and volunteers, demonstrating servant leadership while assuring the efficient operation of the organization in accordance with policies approved by the Board of Directors.
2. Provides regular reports on operations and the financial condition of the mission to the Board, and responds to Board inquiries on operational, financial, and other matters.
3. Develops all Agape Flights policies and procedures for Board approval, and assures that policies are implemented in accordance with Board directives.
4. Serves as the principal driver of planning and vision for the organization.
5. Manages and directs all financial aspects of the organization with integrity and in compliance with Board directives and instructions and all applicable laws and regulations.
6. Leads regular meetings with staff, both as a whole and individually as needed, to inform, counsel, and support the staff and enable them to complete their assigned tasks and functions.
7. Provides regular reviews of staff performance and provides the direction, experience and encouragement for the staff to grow in their areas of responsibility.
8. Assures that qualified individuals are recruited and selected to meet Agape’s needs, that staff members and volunteers are adequately trained to perform their assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner.
9. Represents Agape Flights to churches and the Christian community through regular speaking engagements, participation in missionary conferences and in local community organizations, and in other ways as appropriate to inform current and prospective supporters and prospective staff and volunteers about Agape Flights’ mission and needs.
10. Working with the existing Development staff, cultivates existing donors, acquires new donors, and in other practical ways, secures funding for ongoing and new projects to support the mission of the organization. Support of funding for Agape and staff support is expected to consume about 40% of the Executive Director’s time.
11. Assists staff who is required to raise their own support in the raising and maintaining of financial support. Monitors financial support levels and takes early corrective action on any deficiencies that may appear.
12. Assures safety in flight operations, including safe maintenance of the aircraft and the training and equipping of the flight crews. Safe flight operations is Agape’s highest priority.
13. Assures compliance with safety procedures in all other areas, including cargo handling, and building and machinery maintenance.
14. Assures that Missionary Services are fulfilled on a timely and accurate manor to the satisfaction of the missionary base.
15. Performs other tasks as directed by the Board of Directors.Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervises the work of all staff and volunteers, including staff selection, training, evaluation and discipline.WORK ENVIRONMENT
Includes both a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and occasional exposure to aircraft noise, fuel, and chemicals. Travel is required, both locally and internationally to remote locations, with exposure to associated environmental conditions.QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:The incumbent must:
1. Give testimony of salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, demonstrate a growing relationship with Him, and maintain active membership in a local Bible-believing church.
2. Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
3. Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in an exempt management position, including supervision of professional staff; leadership experience in a Christian organization is preferred.
4. Some aviation knowledge and experience would be an asset.
5. Have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
6. Have outstanding presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
7. Hold a current passport and a valid driver’s license.
8. Be able to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
a. Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
b. Reach with hands and arms;
c. Talk and hear;
d. See and be able to read, write, and interpret text, spreadsheet, and graphical documents; Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.The Functions, Qualifications, Responsibilities, and Requirements listed above represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Job Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING
1. Current Resume
2. Statement of Faith
3. Salary RequirementsEmail to: firstname.lastname@example.org The ideal candidate
will have leadership experience in an evangelical Christian non-profit organization, demonstrating strong analytical abilities and administrative skills. The individual must also be as an effective communicator and a fund raiser.