This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Dean of Spiritual Formation
Colorado Christian University
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 02/25/2010
Categories: Church/Ministry - Education
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply go to www.ccu.edu/humanresources and complete the online Employment Application.
The Division of Student Life at Colorado Christian University is seeking a Dean of Spiritual Formation for the College of Undergraduate Studies on our traditional Lakewood campus. This position will oversee the campus spiritual formation programs and carry the banner for spiritual growth among students for the university. The Dean will also function as the Campus Pastor and oversee the mission programss, outreach programs, and ensure chapel efforts fully integrate the campus ministry within the campus as a whole. This position provides key leadership in the areas of pastoral mentoring, care, and discipleship.
1. The Dean will be responsible for supervising the missions, outreach, and chapel programs including three staff members responsible for these efforts.
2. This person will lead and be responsible for carrying the banner of spiritual formation on campus acting as the liaison between campus departments; and taking a leadership role in formation within the division of Student Life.
3. Is responsible for chairing the Spiritual Formation committee and Chapel Curriculum committee.
4. Provides connections for students in the areas of pastoral counseling, care, and mentoring.
5. Provides support for the admissions operation by traveling with enrollment counselors,
attends/participates in high school chapels, and speaks with prospective parents as required.
6. Is responsible for a robust Church Relations effort with outside churches promoting CCU and with students promoting church attendance.
7. Is a member of the senior staff of the division of Student Life and provides leadership within the
division on key issues, events, and training.
8. Organizes and delivers student retreat planning and execution guidance.
9. Acts as the Campus Pastor seeking to shepherd the student and staff community. Is the pastoral representative within and outside of the CCU community. Will attend events and activities to promote relationship building and pastoral care of students, parents or with others as needed.
10. Is committed to mentoring, discipleship, and student leadership in all phases of the Campus
Ministry programs by providing training, guidance, opportunities, and direction.
11. Teaches a section of an FYI or other relative courses within the School of Theology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1. Master's degree from an accredited seminary required.
2. Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a professional campus ministry setting working with traditional undergraduate students or similar student groups.
3. Knowledge and experience in missions and inner-city related work preferred.
4. Teaching experience within ministry, missions, Biblical text, or Theology within a classroom
setting at the university level preferred.