This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Salvation Army
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 05/20/2010
Categories: Missions/Domestic - Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Interview, assess, collect client data and formulate a plan of action appropriate for the client. Must be able to work with clients who are involved with other social service systems, mental health and adults in crisis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct all aspects of The Salvation Army Social Service ministry
• Work as a team with Corps Officers to encourage clients to participate in the holistic program of The Salvation Army
• In conjunction with the Corps Officers, develop programs to meet community needs identified by the Timothy Group and other sources
• Processing of forms, i.e. recording and maintaining client files according to The Salvation Army standards.
• Attend Social Services Department meetings, Employee meetings and service provider agency meetings as requested
• Conduct presentations about The Salvation Army Social Services to the public at service clubs, religious grouts, etc.
• Network with service provider agencies, particularly as concerns duplication of services.
• Conduct research into community organizations and businesses for possible social services partnerships and volunteers; create and maintain these partnerships
• Conduct research into community resources to identify funding sources. These will be submitted to the Corps Officer to determine whether they are already on the donor list or under cultivation
• Coordinate and implement seasonal projects: Dollar Energy, Bundle Up, Thanksgiving assistance, Christmas assistance, Camp Allegheny, Adopt-A-Family, etc.
• Interview clients and assist in empowering clients to resolve the crisis with which they are confronted. This may include but should not be considered limited to meeting the immediate need; other actions such as family budgeting, participation in other Salvation Army programs, referrals to other organizations, etc. may be required.
Note: The Salvation Army policies about confidentiality, release of information, and retention and/or destruction of records must be strictly adhered to. If client files are subpoenaed, the files are not to be released except on instruction of Corp Officer or Director of Social Services.
• Processing forms and maintaining client files
• Ordering food from Food Bank as needed and co-coordinating CSFP (Senior Food Boxes)
• Preparing all paperwork in relation to Food Bank orders and faxing reports monthly
• Stocking food in the Food Pantry
• Packing and distributing food bags
• Assigning volunteers to tasks in Food Pantry
• Maintaining weekly, monthly, and other statistical reports