A Christian denominational headquarters in south Beaver County, PA is seeking an Accounting
Assistant to work in our Finance Department. This is a part-time, hourly position with the potential
of becoming full-time salaried with benefits.SUMMARY
A successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of duties in both the accounts payable and
accounts receivable functions, with the assistance of a part-time clerk. He/She will coordinate these
activities to ensure that all payments are made correctly and all deposits are posted in a timely
fashion. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Processes all accounts payable transactions, prepares, enters invoices and processes payments
using ACS financial software. Performs relevant database maintenance.
· Prepares deposit spreadsheets, posts deposits, and ensures proper donor receipts.
· Audits and processes reimbursement requests and credit card accounts.
· Clarifies any questionable invoice items, prices, or requests; obtains proper information and
back-up regarding invoice payments.
· Verifies the accuracy of all coding and obtains required approvals.
· Processes and prepares authorized payments. Manages filing systems.
· Contacts vendors regularly, to resolve any discrepancies or problems; does same with banking
relationships. Answers vendor and donor inquiries.
· Advises supervisor of any posting errors or non-compliance issues. Follows internal controls.
· Assists in the preparation of bi-weekly cash flow reports.
· Fulfills other duties as assigned, including special tasks and research projects. Answers
telephones as necessary.
· As basic job requirements are mastered, there will be ample opportunity for further professional
· A committed Christian who embraces the high calling of working in the administration of a
national church. A team player with a positive attitude.
· A teachable person who takes ongoing instruction and constructive critique well.
· A degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or extensive experience in bookkeeping,
financial transaction processing, and equivalent tasks.
· A demonstrated ability to be precise in performing detailed and multi-faceted transactions, and a
commitment to accuracy before speed.
· Effective customer service skills, including strong written and oral communication.
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, and the ability to learn new Computer software.
· A desire for long-term employment.Please EMAIL Resume with Cover Letter and References.