Installation Technician, level II
Division: Systems Integration
Location: Burbank, CA with significant travel
Type: Project Base Summary:
Perform Audio, Video and Control installation functions and/or system interconnect wiring as required to support the delivery of custom A/V systems. This position performs pre-installation site inspections and frequently interfaces with other trade contractors. It is a hands-on position which requires the employee to install audio and video equipment, complete wiring and cable terminations, and assist in the commissioning and programming of systems. The Installation Technician works under the direction of a Site Supervisor or a Project Manager to ensure that the contracted scopes of work conform to defined quality standards.Responsibilities:
1. Work as a hands-on site installer. Wire, test, commission, and document custom system installations.
2. Ensure that projects are completed in a timely, efficient manner and to the client’s satisfaction.
3. Occasionally supervise on-site staff and subcontract installation labor teams.
4. Work with the Site Supervisor, Project Manager, Commissioning Engineers, and/or Programmers to effectively and accurately complete all phases of the installation per a defined schedule.
5. Significant travel and extended out of town stays are required in this position.
6. Perform project paperwork such as daily and weekly status reports. Ensure that site paperwork such as timesheets and expense reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
7. Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by the immediate manager.Skills:
1. Able to read A/V/C technical specifications and system drawings.
2. Able to install and wire systems to Electrosonic’s high standards.
3. Able to interface well with clients and co-workers and to supervise sub-contractor teams.
4. Strong troubleshooting and fault finding skills.
5. Detail oriented.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Proficient with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)Requirements:
1. Minimum two years of professional hands-on installation experience in the audio visual industry.
2. Hands-on fabrication experience.
3. Experience with and knowledge of current products and trends in audio, video, control, or a related industry.To apply for this position please submit resume along with salary history to:
Attn: Henry La
3360 North San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91504
Fax: +1.818.566.4923Email: jobsUSA@electrosonic.com