Division: Systems Integration
Location: Burbank, CA with significant travel
Type: Project BaseSummary:
Perform Audio, Video and Control engineering functions and/or system programming as required to support the sales, design, installation and delivery of custom audio video systems. Work in collaboration with the Project Manager to ensure that the contracted scopes of work are performed to the highest possible standards of quality and conform to defined performance requirements. Work closely with the fabrication and installation staff to ensure system designs are correctly implemented. Maintain open lines of communication both within the company and with the client and other contractors.Responsibilities:
1. Engineering: Take full responsibility for project engineering activities and ensure that all engineering functions are completed in a timely, efficient manner and to the client’s satisfaction.
2. System design drawings: Generate and develop system block diagrams, system single lines, and rack elevations.
3. Facility documentation: Prepare facility impact packages including conduit plans, cable schedules, engineering calculations for power consumption and heat load, equipment site plans, projection sightline drawings and user interface solutions (OCC panels and touch screen layouts).
4. Procurement: Validate equipment specifications and assist the Project Manager with purchasing activities if required.
5. Fabrication: Provide engineering support during the fabrication process to ensure work proceeds on schedule and meets the engineering requirements. Ensure conformance to quality standards.
6. Test: Conduct or oversee Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT, SAT) and preprogramming activities to ensure systems meet defined performance specifications and quality standards.
7. Commissioning: Take full responsibility for the commissioning of Electrosonic systems on site. Ensure that systems are operational on schedule to allow programming and handover of the completed systems. Ensure systems meet or exceed minimum required performance specifications.
8. Programming: Take full responsibility for the project’s programming requirements to ensure that all system programming is completed in a timely, efficient manner and to the client’s satisfaction.
9. Communications: Effectively communicate engineering clarifications, design changes, and equipment substitutions to other departments and to clients’ other consultants. Prepare and/or respond to Requests For Information (RFIs). Communicate installation, commissioning and programming requirements to other Electrosonic staff.
10. Written documentation: Prepare training documentation, and operation and maintenance manuals for on schedule delivery by the Project Manager. Prepare FAT and SAT documentation and reports.
11. Engineering support: Support and assist the Sales teams with the preparations and development of proposals and bid documents. Provide onsite and/or phone support for systems between the time of client handover and start of service contract.
12. Other: Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by the immediate manager.Skills:
1. Ability to read, create, and edit A/V/C technical specifications and system drawings.
2. Ability to successfully commission all aspects of an Audio Visual installation.
3. Ability to interface well with clients and co-workers.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to work on the engineering of several projects simultaneously.
6. Strong troubleshooting and fault finding skills.
7. Proficiency in programming Audio Visual equipment (e.g. AMX, Crestron, Medialon, ESCAN, Watchout, Peavey Nion, Soundweb, and others).
8. Experience with audio DSP device programming. Experience with SMAART and EASE a plus.
9. Proficiency in a specialty within the Audio Visual industry.
10. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.Requirements:
1. A.A. degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
2. Minimum three years of professional experience in Audio Visual technology and integration.
3. Hands-on fabrication and/or installation experience.
4. Knowledge of current products and trends in audio, video, control, and/or other related industries.
5. Proficiency with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), knowledge of Audio Visual Software. AutoCAD and/or MS Visio experience desirable.To apply for this position please submit resume along with salary history to:
Attn: Henry La
3360 North San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91504
Fax: +1.818.566.4923Email: jobsUSA@electrosonic.com