This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Video Services
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 02/08/2010
Categories: Church/Ministry - Media/Video/Radio
Job Type: Full-Time
Employer: The Church Initiative
Job Title: Director of Video Services
Reports To: Executive Producer
Based At: The Church Initiative, Wake Forest, NC
• The Director of Video Services at Church Initiative assumes responsibility to acquire and edit footage for assigned projects. This is a key role at Church Initiative because the ministry specializes in the development of video resources.
• Shooting: At Church Initiative, the Director of Video Services is responsible for coordinating assigned studio and field video acquisition activities. This will entail hands-on videography and the associated lighting, audio and logistic aspects of a location or studio session.
• Editing: You will be responsible for executing assigned post-production tasks including participation in the planning process, non-linear editing (using Final Cut Pro, After Effects or Motion), coordination of graphics and animation (in conjunction with a designer), audio, music and all other aspects of a finished production. On most projects you will be teamed with a producer who will give direction to the editing process. You may, on occasion, be asked to produce segments on your own.
• Live Production: You will be responsible to direct and switch live productions that take place in our studio.
• Tape Library Management: You will be responsible to manage our videotape library. This will involve keeping our tape library organized and preparing digital files of interviews for transcription.
• Replication: Part of your responsibilities includes coordination with video replicators to ensure maximum quality and monitoring of final product to ensure video meets or exceeds contract specifications.
• Planning: You will also participate in the planning process for ministry video projects to ensure that the production and postproduction activities are effectively coordinated with writers, producers and all others involved with the project.
• Additional duties: There are many other functions that occur throughout the day, which are too numerous to list. Some are major and require supervision and decision-making. Other tasks are trivial and will at times be an intrusion into your day. All are part of the excitement of a growing ministry and require that the entire staff be adaptable, supportive and cooperative in helping to meet the needs as they arise.
• At least five years experience using After Effects or Motion.
• Experience switching live events (worship services, studio productions, concerts etc.) While not required, experience using NewTek’s TriCaster is preferred.
• Five years experience in video-acquisition (shooting) and non-linear editing. Although it is not required, Final Cut Pro editing experience is a plus.
• Because this position is a central role in a ministry with national and international visibility, it is also important that applicants demonstrate spiritual maturity, including a professed relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent and deep personal walk with the Lord, and a demonstrated heart for ministry through the local church.