This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Operations Project Manager
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 02/05/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Operations – Project Manager
LAST UPDATED: 12/15/09
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position requires a person who is highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously. This position will be responsible for management of overall timeline process and graphic arts team members. Timeline process manages all projects that supply the needs of Upward programs and/ or departments.
1. This position requires organization. Someone who can arrange resources for maximum productivity.
a. Project management skills with the ability to multitask and manage projects in a cross functional environment.
b. Qualify and manage the use of contracted resources required for program related products working with other departments to determine which projects are best suited for outsourcing.
2. This position requires focus. Someone who can take direction, follows through, and makes corrections necessary to stay on track.
a. Coordinate with other departments to ensure time lines are properly planned and executed in conjunction with overall company strategies.
b. Communicating project status reports to managers to help maintain proper use of interoffice resources.
3. This position requires careful deliberation. Someone who anticipates and addresses obstacles during their decision making process.
a. Acts as liason between all departments making sure that project expectations are clear prior to project inception.
b. Coordinates with all departments to locate efficiencies in the product development process and implement them.
4. This position requires responsibility and ownership of actions. Someone who has stable values that include honesty and loyalty.
a. Supervision of graphic arts personnel including performance evaluations.
b. Management of key projects for graphic arts to meet schedules, marketing guidelines and financial targets.
5. This position requires a positive attitude. Someone whose enthusiasm can keep others excited and keep resources at maximum productivity.
a. Keeping team members positive is essential to maximum productivity.
• Project Management Experience – 2-5 years
• Computer Skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook – 1-3 years
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
• Development and implementation of departmental procedures.
• Working knowledge of Corasworks software.
ADDITIONAL EXPECTATIONS & STANDARDS:
• This individual will work closely with the following departments within the organization: Program Development, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Communications/ Marketing and Logistical Services.
• This position may require some domestic travel
• Other duties as required
• Above all else, this individual must have and maintain a high ethical behavior.
• Timely and satisfactory execution and completion of principle responsibilities listed within this job description.