This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Scheduling Agent / Church Relations Specialist
Jews for Jesus
San Francisco, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/03/2010
Categories: Administrative - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
CHURCH RELATIONS SPECIALIST / SCHEDULING AGENT, California Office
Department of Mobile Evangelism (“DOME”)
Date Available: Immediately
Location: San Francisco, CA.
Salary: $3,220 entry-level, DOE
Jews for Jesus is seeking a Church Relations Specialist to join our team in the Department of Mobile Evangelism (“DOME”) located at our SAn Francisco office. If you have the qualifications and experience listed below, and you long to serve the Lord in your work life, this may be the job for you. This is a full-time position with a generous health and retirement package. Jews and Jewish-hearted Christians who love Y’shua (Jesus) are encouraged to apply.
The mission of Jews for Jesus is “to make the messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide.” DOME supports that mission by establishing and nurturing relationships with churches, colleges and other organizations in order to schedule our Missionaries for presentations (called “deputations”) which are designed to win the hearts of God's people to our cause so that they’ll become involved in witnessing, praying, volunteering, and giving. The Church Relations Specialist works in a strong team environment both in the branch and part of a national team of similarly employed scheduling agents. The scheduling agent will be responsible to contact, primarily via telephone, those churches that already partner with us, as well as churches with which we desire to establish new partnerships, for the purpose of scheduling deputations. As the scheduling agent progresses in their position, they potentially could be involved in all areas of fund raising and public relations. This could include arranging donor meetings, media interviews, church and donor networking events, making use of new media (Facebook, twitter, etc) for building relationships, and other such activities.
• Solicit the cooperation of partner church decision-makers in the scheduling of future deputations
• Seek new prospective churches to whom we can present the opportunity to become partners in our mission
• Provide direction and resources to those inquiring about our ministry and our programs
• Resolve scheduling conflicts and/or cancellations that arise due to changes initiated by the church, the missionary, or some other unforeseen circumstance
• Develop and maintain Missionaries’ deputation itineraries
• Enter data about churches, scheduled deputations, and itineraries into database
• Pray with pastors for their congregations when special needs present themselves
• Write postcards to churches thanking them for partnering with us, and to ask for prayer and support
• Good conversational and written communication skills
• Comfort in using the telephone as your main work tool
• Cheerful and friendly personality with pleasant phone voice
• Ability to relate appropriately to churches of various denominations, and pastors and staff with various personalities
• Competence in online databases, Excel, Word, and Internet.
• Basic keyboarding skills
• Team player, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
• College degree a plus
• 1-2 years experience in telemarketing, inside sales, customer service, talent booking agent, or similar discipline desirable
• Additional languages
Fax: 1(866) 760-2865
Jews for Jesus
60 Haight Street
San Francisco, CA 94102