Asian Outreach USA
Asian Outreach International (Canada)
Regional Mission Director, US Based
Job Description and Position Profile
Asian Outreach Overview
Asian Outreach is a Christian faith-based agency. Our vision is to effect social, spiritual and holistic change through our involvement and investment in Asia. We believe the urgency of the needs in Asia demands an unprecedented spirit of co-operation. Two thirds of the world's population call Asia home. The deep spiritual and physical needs of these millions of people compel us to do all we can to make a difference in Asia.
We are one of 24 AO offices around the world working within the Asian Outreach Alliance. Our purpose is to raise awareness in North America of AO projects across Asia. We believe there are those who will respond when they are challenged by the needs in Asia and understand the work we are involved in. All fundraising by Asian Outreach directly supports the projects of the Asian Outreach Alliance.
Cultivation of National Leadership
We believe those who know the language, the culture and the physical environment of each project are ready-made to work within their national context. Our long-term goal is to search for, train, and develop national leadership to carry out the work in their nations.
Development of Indigenous Programs
Asia is extremely diverse. Rather than impose projects from the outside, Asian Outreach seeks to establish programs that meet actual, local needs. Working alongside our national leaders and other country offices, we develop projects with specific goals, timelines, and reporting systems.
Encouragement of Asian Support
While our organization has many international partnerships, we encourage the Asian church and local supporters to contribute to local projects as well as assist in effectively expanding projects in other areas.
Asian Outreach believes in working with others to see great things accomplished in Asia. Where possible, we will work alongside local churches and other organizations, offering our specific skills and strengths to serve in any way we can.
We are accountable to our donors and our Board of Directors. Asian Outreach is a registered charity in both the USA and Canada.
The Regional Mission Director of Asian Outreach will be directly responsible to the President of Asian Outreach International and together they are accountable to the Board of Directors of AO USA and AOI (Canada).
The Key Roles of the Regional Mission Director will include:
1. Fundraising and Marketing
2. Strategic Development
1. Member of AOI President’s international team, representing and promoting the AO Alliance vision
2. Development and alignment of national strategy (of the country of residence/home country) with AOI’s global strategy and its implementation within the national context
3. Establishment and management of key strategic partnerships and relationships with major donors in the country of residence and regionally, in accordance with national strategy and annual plans
4. Deliver planned results, according to the AO Alliance Strategic Development Plan and priorities as articulated through AOI
5. Be part of task teams for investigating new start up ministries or projects as requested by the President
6. Develop and maintain relationships with strategically supported AO Field Offices – coordinate visit(s) as required
7. Joint responsibility with home country Administration in annual planning and budgeting for national office and overseas projects to be supported
8. Overall responsibility for donor communication, newsletters (with support provided by home country Administration and AOI’s communications team)
1. To develop a strong fundraising strategy in cooperation with AOI, to ensure the financial growth of the organization and to deliver the result according to pre-agreed targets and goals.
2. Jointly develop with the Office Administrator(s) an effective marketing and communication strategy for the North American context. This will be done in close coordination with Asian Outreach International’s MarCom Team, while considering any special requirements for communicating within the North American context
3. Represent Asian Outreach both in North America and internationally. This may include:
i. Speaking roles
ii. AO sponsored events
iii. AO conferences
iv. Mission conferences and seminars
The position is to be renewed annually, upon completion of a satisfactory annual appraisal.
Asian Outreach is seeking a dedicated Christian to fill this position. This person will be bright, energetic, and able to communicate well in a variety of circumstances. They may also have a proven background in the non-profit sector with experience in fundraising and donor development.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team setting in a global context.
• Strategic thinking, with the ability to communicate vision and direction
• Ability to relate in an international and diverse ethnic environment
• Ability to meet and successfully communicate with potential donors whether, individual, corporate or government
• Excellent planning and execution skills capable of producing results
• Sound business acumen required and understanding of general office operations and finances systems
• Self starter, quick learner with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team, when required, to meet key strategic goals
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Email-based programs and an ability to use current technology in all facets of the position
Desirable Experience/Educational Background
• Proven background and experience in non-profit/charity management, leadership and fundraising/donor development is an asset
• Marketplace individuals with a background in the life insurance or financial industry who are seeking significance in the second phase of their career are encouraged to apply
Please e-mail applications in confidence to email@example.com
Asian Outreach is committed to Changing Lives, Transforming Communities and Impacting Nations
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Asian Outreacch is a Christian, non-governmental organization that has been enpowering and transforming the lives of needy Asians for the past 40 years. Operating in 18 nations across the region, Asian Outreach functions holistically to offer diverse initiatives to disadvantaged and developing communities. More...