This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Food Service Director
Children's Bible Fellowship of NY, Camp Hope Camp Joy
Carmel, New York, United States
Date Posted: 01/27/2010
Categories: Food Services - Missions
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Bible Fellowship of New York operates two summer camps and a short term missions program on our property in Carmel, NY, about 45 miles north of New York City and 15 miles west of Danbury, CT, as well as year-round discipleship and outreach programs. Camp Joy serves inner city children and teens, and Camp Hope serves children, teens and adults with disabilities. Project Genesis is our youth group missions trip program in which teens and adults from around North America are exposed to both of our camp populations and the inner-city of NY.
A full-time Food Service Director is a missionary with CBF of NY, who raises his/her own salary support .
* Housing is provided.
* Summer only Food Service Director.
* The salary for that position is $300/week, plus room and board, June 1 – August 21.
Full-time Food Service Director
* The Food Service Director is responsible for planning, ordering, and the preparation of meals, and supervision of kitchen staff.
* During the summer we provide 3 meals a day for campers, guests and staff, (up to 300 people at the height of the summer) with a full kitchen crew.
* There are two weeks of staff orientation and eight weeklong sessions of camp.
* During the rest of the year we have many weekend retreats, outside groups and staff events.
* The Food Service Director would be responsible for planning, purchasing and preparation for these events.
*You would be part of a year round staff that lives right on the property, who desire to serve God by Making Disciples of NYCs Forgotten Fields.
* We are looking for an energetic person who has experience in managing a food service team but still likes to work in the kitchen.
* People skills are a must. Organizational skills are also a must.
* Key character traits for a successful Food Service Director are the ability to plan, train and manage.
Please call (845) 225 2005 or email with any questions:
Children's Bible Fellowship of New York