This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Commercial Electronics Corp.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/26/2010
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations - Telecommunications
Job Type: Part-Time
Solicit information over the phone to further establish a relationship with the prospect,
or to be of service to an existing customer.
Essential Job Functions
• Obtain information (contact name, agency address, email address, & phone #’s) of prospects from sources such as registration forms from trade shows, website inquiries, and lists purchased.
• Verify current info of prospects.
• Record names, addresses and reactions of prospects contacted in the appropriate database listings.
• Telephone and write notes to respond to trade show attendees to promote a relationship with prospect.
• Maintain records of contacts in a Call Log.
• Deliver prepared talks, using scripts that describe the purpose of the call targeting the specific need.
• Transfer an interested prospect to the sales representatives for their follow up.
• Maintain customer records by updating account information for newsletter listing.
• Make phone contact with current customers every 6 months to promote good customer support relationship, and note all info gathered.
• Assist in processing promotional mailings.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable with dealing with various persons in a broad market. Reliable, tolerant, and determined self-starter. Excellent telephone communication skills.
• Computer skills -- Microsoft Vista, Word, Excel, Outlook
• Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively. Having the ability to get a prospect’s attention at the beginning of a call to establish rapport quickly.
• Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself.
• Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.