Pastor of Youth and Young AdultsChurch:
Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church
222 Spring Street, West Roxbury (Boston), MA 02132Church Description:
We are a bilingual, family-oriented, Middle Eastern, dynamic and growing church that is eager to proclaim Jesus' truth and love to our ethnic and local community. The size of the church is rapidly growing. Currently an average of 250 people, including 70 – 90 kids from nursery to young adult/college attend the church regularly.Job Description:
- The ideal candidate is a relational leader with strong shepherding gifts, with a proven track record of effective ministry, particularly at the high school and college age level. The ideal candidate will have a passion and desire to help students become lifelong Disciples of Christ, and will implement creative and engaging programming in order to help students grow in their faith and their leadership roles.
- The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will be responsible for actively planning and executing various programs and events throughout the year, and may be asked to share a 5 minute devotion during the English portion of the main Sunday morning service.
- The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will be accountable to the Church governing board for his ministry and responsibilities.Skill Set:
- Effective organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to use interactive, creative teaching methods that will inspire students to grow in their faith
- Maturity and flexibility to effectively communicate needs of the youth to the parents and congregationQualifications:
- Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in Christian Education or Youth
- 3+ experience as a youth pastor/leaderTo apply for this position or for more information, please EMAIL your Resume and Cover Letter to the attention of Jimmy.