The teacher is responsible to instruct and challenge the students academically, creating a stimulating and disciplined learning environment. The educational atmosphere should provide students with the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional, and social development. This person is responsible for planning and presenting direct instruction that will result in students achieving success in accordance with Mountainview International Christian School Board policies.
- Must agree with the Mountainview Statement of Faith, demonstrate a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, and feel called of God to pursue a teaching role at Mountainview.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the area of teaching.
- Must be willing to complete the ACSI Philosophy of Education course material prior to or during service at Mountainview.
- Must be certified or certifiable by ACSI.
- Must have received an acceptable report from psychological testing during the application process.
- Must have received an acceptable report of physical health from a licensed doctor during the application process.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
Term Length: Minimum of three years is preferred.
• a K-12 special education teacher
• a kindergarten teacher
• a 2nd grade teacher
• a 6th grade teacher
• a secondary English teacher (American literature, British literature and composition)
• a secondary science teacher (chemistry and physics)
• a secondary math teacher (7-12)
• a secondary social studies teacher (combined with some other subject part-time)
• a secondary drama teacher (combined with some other subject part-time)
• two school administrators (elementary principal and assistant superintendent)
• and a superintendent
We partner with parents, sending agencies, the Christian community and the Church to train up and educate children in a Christ-centered environment at a reasonable cost.
We pursue academic EXCELLENCE in a place of GRACE, so that lives will be TRANSFORMED by Christ to IMPACT the world.
Mountainview International Christian School is an inter-mission, co-educational, boarding and day-school, founded in 1981 by missionary groups in order to have a place to educate their children. Today this purpose remains as the major mission of Mountainview. Our students come largely from families who are here as Christian workers, but we also admit children from the international business community. The student body has representatives from many different countries, but they all must be proficient in English in order to enter the regular MICS program. Boarding is available to students whose families live too far away for a daily commute. Our school is located in Salatiga, Central Java, the most populated island in the Indonesianarchipelago. If you would like to see some pictures of our school and community, you may also want to visit our Website to learn more about our Staffing Opportunities.
Curriculum and Extracurricular Activities:
Mountainview is accredited by Association of Christian Schools International, and we follow an American curriculum taught from a biblical worldview for all grades Kindergarten through 12. The language of instruction is English, and our curriculum is taught from a Christian viewpoint. We also provide several extra-curricular activities such as: drama, basketball, soccer, volleyball, yearbook, intramural sports, youth group and music lessons. In addition to the core subjects of English, math, social studies, science, Bible and foreign language, we offer a number of electives such as: art, multi-media, music and advanced math and science courses.
Sponsorship and Benefits:
It is our desire that every teacher come with the blessing and prayer support of their family and home church congregation. We also strongly encourage our teachers to consider joining an official sending agency that can provide training and support before and after arriving on the field. Where finances are concerned, our school does offer a modest financial benefits package for those who need it, but we encourage our staff to pursue other avenues of additional financial support as possible.
By raising support, our teachers can help our school keep tuition rates low for the mission families we serve. The available Mountainview benefits do include a stipend, housing, and insurance for those who have limited financial support. The plan does not include social security payable in one’s home country, nor does it include the initial flight into Indonesia or the cost of the visa payable in the home country. For more information regarding our benefits package, suggestions for raising support, or ideas for finding a sending agency, please email Bill Webb by clicking this link.
- The teacher’s commitment runs from the first day of teacher meetings before the opening of school through the last day of teacher meetings after the closing of school.
- All full-time teachers are expected to arrive promptly and stay on campus from 7:15 AM to 3:00 PM (elementary) or 3:20 (secondary). Specific morning, afternoon and lunch duties are assigned annually according to school needs.
- Teachers are expected to attend all teachers’ meetings unless prior permission is given.
- Teachers are expected to spend most of the school-year breaks in country. If a teacher meeting or retreat is scheduled during break, teachers are expected to attend.
- Teachers are expected to serve the school every other summer, with four weeks off for vacation during those summers on duty.
- All teachers are expected to attend weekly chapels, sitting with students.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
English TeacherCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 6
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Mountainview International Christian School
Mountainview International Christian School is an inter-mission, co-educational, boarding and day school located on a beautiful, tropical island. Founded in 1981 by two missionary groups in order to have a place to educate their children. The language of instruction is English and the curriculum, taught from a Christian viewpoint, is US based. Teachers are provided a furnished home and utilities. More...