This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Developer - Programmer
Atlantic, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 01/12/2010
Categories: Church Developer - Internet/E-Commerce
Job Type: Full-Time
COMPANY PROFILE AND OPPORTUNITY
5Q Communications, Inc. provides specialized Internet marketing, design and programming services to ministries and non-profit organizations. We are successful if our clients are successful in their Internet endeavors. Our growing team consists of highly motivated professionals in a distributed work environment. Our clients currently number around 80 and are spread throughout the United States.
Primary objectives of Developer/Programmer will be front-end and back-end programming for client web sites, internal projects and content management system development and maintenance. Successful candidates are expected to set and maintain the highest programming standards and have experience with the Python programming language.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Responsible for converting design mockups into CSS/XHTML compliant templates.
* Responsible for documenting processes and procedures in their area of responsibility.
* Work with our team to help review and implement best practices throughout the company.
* Work with existing team to expand and document a Web development process that we can apply to all new Web sites.
* Setup and configuration of our CMS frameworks
* Continue to create and expand our CMS frameworks
* Fill in for support programming staff when necessary
* Functionality and estimate review for projects both before proposals finalized and during sitemap discussions with clients
* Present a professional image of 5Q to clients at all times.
* Program to the 5Q standards on assigned projects.
* Work with 5Q Team to provide outstanding customer service for our clients.
* Keep up on the trends in web programming and development.
* Average of 75% Django and 25% PHP development.
* 40-45 hrs each week is expected.
* 80% of time expected to be billable hours to clients.
* Accurately track time through company time tracking system.
* Participate in team meetings.
* Travel, when necessary, for training or client meetings.
* No paid free-lance work outside of 5Q.
* B.S. in Computer Science or related degree with emphasis on computer programming
* Demonstrated ability to develop interactive, database driven web sites
* Min. 1-2 years programming experience.
* Desired knowledge of: Unix, Apache, Postgresql, Ruby on Rails, Microsoft ASP.NET.
* Must be self-motivated and must demonstrate the ability to work in a remote environment of a home office.
* Must be a learner with a teachable spirit
Salary and Benefits package:
* Salary based upon experience
* Stipend for Internet
* Insurance Stipend available
* Other benefits include:
--Family and Medical Leave
--Insurance Reimbursement Stipend
--Professional Enrichment and Training
Overtime and Performance Bonuses
* Billable hour overtime bonus is available to qualifying staff.
* A percent of company profits are paid back in bonuses at year end – divided among employees based on performance.
* 10% referral up to $500 payable to employee after project is completed.
* Ongoing referral bonus is available for referring scorecard clients.