Christian Life Center is a growing church averaging a weekend attendance of 2300 with one Saturday night service and three on Sunday morning. We are located in the heart of the Miami Valley, just north of Dayton, Ohio at the “Crossroads of America”! Our Children’s Ministry is seeking a full time Discovery Town Pastor.
Discovery Town is a place where birth through 5th graders can discover God and grow in a relationship with Him. Our Discovery Town Pastor will be responsible for setting the course and direction for Children’s Ministries by organizing and leading the programs and activities for children and their families. REPORTS TO:
FAMILY LIFE DIRECTORPURPOSE:
Demonstrate leadership skills in providing direction for the ministry and developing the staff and leadership team. Responsible for organizing and leading the programs and activities of Discovery Town Children’s Ministries of Christian Life Center for infants through elementary age children and their families.WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
1. Accountability: The Discovery Town Pastor is directly accountable to the Family Life Director of Christian Life Center. He/she is also accountable for all official and functional procedures and policies of Christian Life Center. This position remains ultimately accountable to the Senior Pastor of Christian Life Center.
2. Cooperation: The Discovery Town Pastor is expected to engage in mutual cooperative actions and relationships not only with the staff of the center, but also with the staff of the church and the congregation of the church.
3. Loyalty: The loyalty and support to the Senior Pastor and the rest of the staff is absolutely necessary. On occasion you may not agree with the philosophy or procedure used, but your total support is necessary.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian lifestyle and to CLC’s Excellence in Ministry values
• Attends weekly service and is actively involved in serving opportunities at CLC
• Called to serve children and families
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills
• Experience in managing paid and volunteer staff
• Creative in approach to ministry
• Ability to set and implement vision and direction
• Ordained or licensed minister
• Education B.A. in Children’s Ministry or related field required JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:PRIMARY:
• Set the course and direction for Children’s Ministries at Christian Life Center
• Provide vision and direction for weekly Children’s worship service
• Oversee development and implementation of weekend Children’s classes
• Oversee Midweek family night
• Lead, train and develop Children’s staff by providing on-the-job training and outside resources
• Support Children’s staff with problem solving, organizational help, job evaluations, critiques, and prioritizing. Staff will receive quality leadership and direction from Children’s Pastor.
• Ensure screening and training of volunteer staff
• Provide support and mentoring to children and families
• Work with Jr. and Sr. High Youth Pastors to maintain connections between children’s and youth ministries at Christian Life Center
• Participate in All Church Events at least 2 times a yearJob requirements include a Bachelors Degree in Children’s Ministry or a related field and experience in recruiting and managing volunteer staff.
If interested please check out our websites Employment Opportunities
page where you will find a copy of our job description and an application for completion. Please send all inquiries, resume and application to Gerry Pass