This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Case Manager for Changed Life Recovery Program
Frederick Rescue Mission
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 12/18/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Frederick Rescue Mission
Case Manager for the Changed Life Recovery Program
The Frederick Rescue Mission is seeking a Case Manager for its Changed Life Recovery Program (see below). This position requires an individual with passion for Jesus Christ and the desire to help change lives.
Our goal is to point to 100 men who are living the changed life. We want at least 100 men who came to the Mission without hope but are demonstrating before God, their families and the community that the love of Christ truly changes lives forever. It is to this end and the above that The Changed Life Recovery Program is designed.
The goal is to see lives changed for eternity, now and forever. The outcomes for the Changed Life Recovery Program are as follows:
1) Be passionate follower of Jesus
2) Be victorious over addiction
3) Be connected to a local church
4) Have a G.E.D. or appropriate level of education for the future
5) Be accountable to a mentor or accountability group
6) Be reconciled as much as it is possible to family members
7) Be placed in a financially suitable job.
8) Be placed in safe and comfortable housing.
Overall Job Description: To work with and assist the Director of the CLR program and the residential care team to ensure that each resident is progressing through the FRM developmental chart in a systematic way. Address matters that pertain to the care and progress of the residents. Receive and act in a timely manner supervision and directions from the Director of Changed Life Recovery Program and/or the Executive Director.
- Maintain the Frederick Rescue Mission Development Chart and ensure each resident is making timely progress. Keep files and emergency information of each resident up to date.
- Obtain proper identification, social security cards, birth certificates, photo Ids, ECT and vital necessities for residents.
- Meet twice monthly with each resident concerning his progress with the goals and development in the Program.
- Each week report to the Residency Team the accomplishments and concerns of the residents.
- Process intakes. Distribute profile intake sheet to residency team members.
- Establish and maintain proper record keeping and distribution of prescription medications to residents.
- Organize and manage both computer and hard copy files on each resident and document their progress.
- Assist and coordinate in the scheduling and driving of residents to various appointments.
- Attend Residency Team and Staff meetings.
- Network with the community to get the residents the best possible care available.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director and Director the Changed Life Recovery Program.
Qualities and Skills Needed
- A love for Jesus Christ and compassion for impoverished population are vital.
- Four year college degree is preferred or substantial experience that relates to this position.
- Some level of Maryland State certification for Alcohol and Drug Treatment preferred.
- Competent administratively and very goal oriented.
- Experience in case management or people development.
- Competent computer skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must enthusiastically agree with organization’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and goals.
- Respects authority and greatly cooperates with other staff members. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the goals and policies of the Changed Life Recovery Program.
- Reports to Changed Life Recovery Director.
- FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
- Pay Classification: Full Time
If you would like to join a great team in a life changing ministry, please send your resume to P.O. Box, Frederick, MD 21705 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please. To learn more about the Frederick Rescue Mission visit www.therescuemission.org.