This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Finance & Operations @ Miami Rescue Mission
Miami, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 12/15/2009
Categories: Accounting - Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Since our founding in 1922, the Miami Rescue Mission has continued to serve "the least, the last and the lost," and give them hope for a better life. Our doors are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide food, clothing and shelter, with recovery programs, education, computer literacy, and job placement . The Miami Rescue Mission operates centers in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties (Broward Outreach Centers). We are a Christian non-denominational organization that is committed to helping homeless men, women, and children experience changed lives.
Reaching out to the Least, The Last and the Lost of our Community to Inspire Hope with Human Compassion and the Love of God.
A world where no one is homeless.
Responsible for all areas of internal operations and facilities management including finance operations, budget development and management, safety and risk management, and all internal and back office operations. Serves on the management team and collaborates with the President to craft and implement strategies for organizational growth and development.
1. Provide oversight to the Finance Department, including, but not limited to:
• Oversee day-to-day accounting tasks (cash receipts, A/P, budget prep, journal entry, bank reconciliation, general
accounting, and audit services).
• Donor processing and receipting
• Responsible for preparing and filing all Federal and Estate taxes, including the F990, F5500, ECFA and State of
Florida Non-Profit solicitation annual report.
• Maintain all financial records assuring adherence to legal requirements.
• Responsible for providing accurate and detailed reports on a routine and ad hoc basis
• Supervises all aspects of the budget process. Prepares and presents the annual operating budget. Provides
financial support, training, and consultation to manager throughout the organization.
2. Provide oversight to all Centers, including, but not limited to:
• Supervise Center Directors in Miami and Broward Counties.
• Includes oversight of programs and services – both Christian as well as social programs for the homeless.
• Evaluates and reviews activities, assessing effectiveness and resolving problems as they arise.
3. Responsible for general operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management of facilities, including safety, major purchases such as building fixtures, trucks/vehicles, selection of
• Develop processes and procedures for Risk and Safety Management.
• Manage operational contracts such as office equipment, leases, fire alarm, security, etc.
• Manages insurance coverage for the Mission, including property, liability, crime, automobile, and professional
liability. Seeks to identify cost savings where possible.
4. Provide oversight to IT Department:
• Supervise IT Manager
• Includes management of computer systems and phone systems
5. Assist the President in budgeting, strategic planning, special campaigns, etc.
1. Strong Financial Background with non-profits.
2. Master’s degree preferred in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
3. Broad business background, including experience handling issues in accounting, human resources, operations,
etc. a plus. Demonstrated knowledge of facilities maintenance, inventory control, and general operations
(including risk and safety management).
4. Knowledge of new 990 requirements.
5. Current experience with (or ability to learn) accounting software, including Blackbaud Financial Edge.
6. Knowledge of budgeting and providing reports.
7. Exceptional skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous experience with Microsoft Outlook a plus.
8. Strong ability to multi-task.
9. Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus, but not required.
10. Integrity – Is honest, forthright, and holds positive values.
11. Professional public speaking skills would be beneficial.
12. Ability to produce high quality work while meeting deadlines.
13. Must be able to support the MRM/BOC Statement of Faith.
• A competitive compensation package
• The opportunity to make a real difference in our community and our country