Wouldn’t it be great to be a part of an organization that truly makes a difference in the lives of hurting people?
Wouldn’t it be great to have a career that’s more than just another job? If so, HOPE FOR THE HEART is the place for you to serve!HOPE FOR THE HEART is a worldwide non-profit Christian ministry with a two-fold mission: providing Bible-based counsel to renew minds, heal hearts, and bring hope to the hurting, while empowering Christians to disciple others.
To accomplish this mission we produce radio broadcasts, Bible-based counseling resources, provide training on peer-to-peer biblical counseling, discipleship and leadership development. We’re located in North Dallas
(635 & 75). HOPE FOR THE HEART offers a smoke-free, drug-free workplace with an atmosphere of genuine care and support, warmth, and love of one another.Position Summary:
The Director of Development
has supervisory responsibility for the Donor Development functions of Hope For The Heart, with specific, personal responsibility for the Donor Development function. Working with the ministry President, Senior Leadership and an extensive and devoted staff and volunteers, the Director of Development is responsible for planning and directing activities to meet annual operating budgets and capital campaign goals. The Director of Development will also have periodic interaction with the ministry’s Advisory Board.Major responsibilities:
Immediately accountable to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Development is responsible for the leadership, direction, and management of the development functions of the ministry Hope For The Heart.
• Develop strategic long-term and operational plans for all areas of fundraising in partnership with the Senior Leadership team and their respective teams to ensure an integrated and synchronized approach to the mission of Hope For The Heart.
• Supervise and coordinate all development activities including Major and Planned Giving (donor visitation); Annual Giving (donor and prospect cultivation and stewardship, special events); Foundation and Corporate Relations (grant writing)
• Prepare departmental budgets and evaluate the effectiveness of activities, including cost analyses.
• Provide professional leadership for all public relations initiatives including key message development and all printed Donor Development materials. Creatively respond to the ministry’s changing needs in the areas of Development
• Facilitate education and communications within the Ministry regarding Development activities including utilizing the support and expertise of volunteers.
• Serve as a primary major gifts director, along with other Senior Leadership, for the Ministry, identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding many major and planned giving prospects and donors.
• In cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer, oversee and direct the financial administration of contributed income including maintaining systems, databases, software and donor/prospect records, providing timely and thorough reports to the Ministry President and Advisory Board.Computer skills:
• Word – Intermediate
• Outlook – Intermediate
• Excel – Beginner
• Database – Beginner
• PowerPoint - BeginnerEducation Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent and 8 to 10 years experience and/or training in fundraising, communication or public relations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Division/Department:
Finance Reports to:
Negotiable Type of position:
Fulltime position offering paid employee health, dental, disability and life insurance. Please fax or email resume and cover letter to:
• (E-mail) email@example.comNo calls, please.