independence & Dependence, (i&D) is looking for a part-time wraparound counselor to join our team in the DC-MD-VA metro area.
This position does have the opportunity to develop into a Full-time status. Wraparound services are a community-based intervention services that emphasize the strengths of the child and family while incorporating the delivery of coordinated, highly individualized unconditional services to address needs to achieve positive outcomes in their lives. Providers of wraparound services engage in a unique assessment and treatment planning process that is characterized by the formation of a child, family, and multi-agency team through intensive case management. Through consistent partnering with the child, family and the team members, wraparound services make available an array of therapeutic interventions which include parental support/caregiver, peer group/community involvement, church/religious, probation officer, court/legal, psychiatric services, significant other, educational program/school, family kinship network, employment, mobile therapy and medication monitoring. The components of wraparound services, by definition are highly individualized, and unique to each child and family. independence & Dependence, (i&D) has a commitment to provide quality counseling service to the families that God has placed in our lives.
We also realize that we may not save all the families in the program but our responsibility is to help create change. A change that is intrinsic which will enhance the quality of life through spiritual enrichment and motivation. Our goal is to give understanding, opportunity and hope, so that the individuals in the program can be free.Wrap around Counselor, Mentor Job description:
Contractual Counselor is responsible for individual, family and group counseling, life skills training, educational supportive services, and therapeutic recreational and mentoring service for residents. Contractual counselors will be available to provide therapeutic services on a 24 hour basis, (When needed). The counselors will help the students and families structure their daily activities with conjunction of household responsibilities. Contractual counselors will serve as liaison with agency representatives and family members to monitor the student’s daily progress in treatment and habilitation. Our contractual counselors are experienced in providing counseling and mentoring services to “at-risk” adults/children with spiritual, physical, social, psychological, emotional and behavioral challenges. Qualifications:
The potential candidate will need access to a vehicle on a daily basis. There will be some psychical activities that the candidate will need to be able to perform with the students both indoors and outdoors. The candidate must have the skill set to supervise while offering guidance during the time of need. The candidate must have the ability to teach and assist with educating a student on any and all activities. Responsibilities:
1. Learn the likes/ dislikes of each participant.
2. Engage assigned students in therapeutic relationships and habilitation treatment.
3. Develop opportunities for interaction between students and staff.
4. Provide crisis intervention, problem solving and conflict management techniques with residents.
5. Provide daily reports that demonstrate a students’ progress with accomplishing goals that are in place.
6. Assist and monitor any and all community involvement.
7. Help each student with the implementation of individualized treatment and habilitation plans.
8. Develop and implement the therapeutic, recreational and educational activities that include cultural and spiritual enrichment.
9. Responsible for all other duties as assigned based on the need, safety and stabilization of the client. Please forward Cover Letters and Resumes to the following: EMAIL: Sharmaine MooreFAX: 240-554-1629
Thank you and remain blessed.