This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Assistant (Part Time)
Emory United Methodist Church
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Date Posted: 11/25/2009
Job Type: Part-Time
United Methodist Church located in NW Washington, DC is looking for a detail-oriented, pro-active, organized, flexible and professional Part-Time Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Lead Pastor and the Church office. This position will provide an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to establish procedures and implement best practices. Candidate must be able to work independently, balance multiple projects with varying deadlines and take the initiative on both daily tasks and larger projects.
• Calendar management for lead pastor and church, requiring interaction with both internal and external stakeholders;
• Utilize strong grammar, spelling and proofreading skills;
• Answers phone and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party efficiently;
• Arrange and coordinate travel arrangements;
• Meeting and event planning;
• Order office supplies and work with vendors.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration with (3) three years administrative support experience; or (5) five years administrative support experience;
• Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of discretion, personal initiative and autonomy;
• Excellent time management and problem solving skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to take direction, handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks;
• Must have computer software experience using databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
Monday – Friday work week; five (5) hours per day.
EOE. Send resume with salary requirements to:
Position # EUMC 09-01
6100 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20011
Fax: (202) 408-1169