This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Orangewood Presbyterian Church
Maitland, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 11/16/2009
Categories: Music Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
Information about Orangewood
Orangewood serves a congregation of 700 weekly and is a part of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith as a basis for our Reformed faith. Please send all questions or résumé’s to Jack Michels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Director Job Description
Primary objective: Organize, arrange, coordinate and help plan all music for Sunday morning services
1) Help plan weekly worship service in coordination with worship planning team. Provide input regarding music and songs as well as other creative ideas to help assist in planning worship service.
2) Arrange all music so that it is well suited for congregational singing and/or for the church musicians and singers to perform while coordinating efforts with the vocal director. Current team includes a paid, professional rhythm section with occasional additional musicians and a revolving, volunteer group of singers who perform both as an ensemble and as soloists/solo leaders.
3) Produce custom sheet music for all songs (usually lead sheets). Music can be made either by adapting available existing charts or by transcribing music from recordings. Currently, Finale 2010 is used along with other programs to aid in transcription.
4) Occasionally write arrangements and create sheet music for additional instruments. Familiarity with basic orchestration skills helpful.
5) Coordinate the booking and pay of all band members, regular and occasional. Also, provide weekly communication with entire team (singers, band, techs, pastors, etc) for music/service preparation, rehearsal times, scheduling, etc.
6) Maintain worship website - updating charts, recordings and rehearsal recordings as needed on a weekly basis or for any special services. Requires basic familiarity with FTP software clients and good organizational computer skills.
7) Use Digital Performer (or comparable program) to program click tracks, sequences, and backing tracks for most songs. As needed, our musicians on stage are supplemented by backing tracks that can include pads, extra keyboard tracks, extra guitar tracks, strings/orchestral arrangements, drum loops/samples, percussion, vocal sweetener tracks, or world instruments. Current software utilized: Digital Performer 7.01, Vienna Symphonic Library, Stylus RMX, Kontakt 3, Ivory, Omnisphere, and others.
8) Work with technical director to provide weekly setup information, mixing/song information. Our room is set up and torn down each week so setup information and timely communication is necessary.
9) Direct rehearsal on Sunday morning. Good communication skills needed to coordinate musicians, singers, sound engineers, lighting and projection/graphics/video.
10) Accompany vocal rehearsal on Wednesday evenings. Occasionally direct vocal rehearsal.
11) Play the piano for Sunday services