visionSynergy located in Edmonds, washington is currently looking to fill the positionof ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR.Responsible to:
Funding InitiativesvisionSynergy’s mission/vision is wide-ranging in its implications.
Its programs to advocate, train, and coach believers in partnership-based strategies worldwide are varied; from web-enabled resources, formal and non-formal educational initiatives, service to national, regional, and functional ministry networks, to print and electronically-based materials. In all cases, visionSynergy seeks to ‘practice what it preaches’ – to implement the vision in collaboration with other, naturally-related ministries, networks, and partnerships.The Development Director plays a key role in moving visionSynergy’s initiatives from the conceptual to operational stage.
Practically this means working with other team members to develop the strategies and then to lead identification of the human and financial resources necessary to implement these strategies.This person will focus on development & implementation of visionSynergy’s strategies for sustainable ministry income.1. Sustainable Income Strategies:
In cooperation with the Director, develops and oversees the implementation of --
A) The ministry’s overall sustainable financial development strategy.
B) The resource development calendar/schedule that prompts both reporting and solicitation efforts.
C) Major donor and foundation prospecting, solicitation, servicing, and reporting.
D) Data bases and communications systems needed to support these initiatives.2. Personal Financial Support:
Personal Financial support is a team effort and will be based on criteria established with the VS leadership.3. Budgeting/Financial/Evaluation/Reporting:
Responsible for establishing/monitoring relevant elements of VS’ annual budget; evaluation of the ministry; providing a monthly report on objectives vs. outcomes on program elements for which he/she is responsible.SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Planning:
With other ministry leadership participates in planning VS overall strategy(ies), priorities, policies, and annual budget.2. Technical Facilities/Databases:
With AD/Admin shares responsibility for establishing objectives, standards, and procedures for VS’ hardware and software requirements.GENERAL QUALITIES:
• Mature believer with deep commitment to world evangelization
• Knowledge of and experience in international ministry
• Humble yet with clear self awareness
• Ease of working in a small, highly-leveraged team environment
• Commitment to team camaraderie and their contribution to that
• Readiness to contribute to the team fun factor
• Deep commitment to inclusivity and Kingdom collaboration
• Self-starting visionary with proven ability to implement
• Organized with good time management & motivational skills
• Awareness of and ease in working with non-Western leadership and those for whom English is a second language
• Understands and works well with outsourced specialists, virtual associates, etc.
• Credibility – has at least five years professional experience and proven track record in non-profit development.
• Readiness to travel up to 30% of the time
• Based in Northwest – working out of Edmonds office To apply for this postition please forward by EMAIL your Cover Letter and Resume.